cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you uninstall an app from the Oculus Go?

LarrySchneider
Explorer
Can this be done in the Oculus App on my smartphone?
16 REPLIES 16

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes, you can purchase the apps on your phone and then send them to install on the GO automatically, you can also purchase directly in the store in the headset.

To download new content:

From your Oculus Go:
  1. Select Store from the bottom menu.
  2. Select what you want to download.
  3. Use your pointer to select the price to buy it, or select Free if it's a free download.
From your phone:
  1. Open the Oculus app and tap Store from the bottom menu.
  2. Tap what you want to download.
  3. Tap the price at the top to buy it, or tap Free if it's a free download.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

asmode0s
Explorer
I don't think the Oculus App has an uninstall app function. I can't find one anyway. There is a 3 dot menu on each app tile in the Go home area that has uninstall (in VR).

LarrySchneider
Explorer
Thanks.

LarrySchneider
Explorer
Actually, here's a follow-up question on a related note. I have uninstalled the apps that I no longer want on my Go. But they still show up in the Uninstalled List (and clicking the 3 dots there doesn't offer an option to remove them). Is there a way to completely banish them from my account?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Purchases will always be tied to your account, in case you decide to install them again later.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LarrySchneider
Explorer
I can understand why that would be the case for paid apps. But I think it's perfectly understandable why someone like me would like to unlink a free app from my account. It would be nice to be able to do that.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, I understand. It's just that with any app (free or paid), when you click the button, it's treated as adding that game entitlement to your account. Even though they may be free, everything else in the system handles them the same. But it's good feedback.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

hfLUBU
Honored Guest
I have uninstalled an app but after days it still says '''will be deinstalled'. It won't go away and I'm not able to reinstall same app either.What else can I do?

Get_Revved
Explorer
Maybe an option to hide uninstalled apps (and view hidden apps if you want them back) would be good. They would still be tied to your account, but not visible once hidden. Seems like a good compromise if they can't be completely removed after being tied to your account.