cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - Blurry & Horizontal Black Line

ScottReinfeld
Honored Guest
I have a thin horizontal black line that runs right through the center of the screen at all times. Everything also seems to be a little blurry and almost hazy. Yes, I made sure there was nothing on the optics and that they were clean. Text and the edges of menu-windows seem to have a glow. I also feel like I can see pixels pretty clearly, also like being super close to an old tube tv. I am guessing I got a dud. Anyone else have this issue?
11 REPLIES 11

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
Sounds potentially normal apart from the line of dead pixels which does sound dudly.

Iblysi
Heroic Explorer
Sounds like you have some issues, as none of these things i am experiencing with the Go. Though i heard someone else on this forum who had the blurry view. I would suggest contacting support about these things, as it sounds far from normal. https://support.oculus.com/

cybereality
Grand Champion
Oculus Go should have a clear image, at least as far as a VR headset. However, you shouldn't expect the clarity you get from a high-end monitor or smartphone. This is because the lenses enlarge the image, so you will see pixels more. This is normal. It can also be the content you are viewing, especially 360 video can look lower quality depending on how it was recorded or compressed. The black line, though, is not normal and you should contact us to investigate. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ScottReinfeld
Honored Guest
Thanks everyone. I figured for the most something was up. I am an Audio Engineering Professor and do a lot with audio and video. I submitted a request last night #541139, but have not heard anything back yet. Kinda frustrating when I ordered the 64gb GO minutes after the announcement, received it yesterday, and now who knows how long this will take. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for submitting a ticket. We have support staff over the weekend, however Go is a new product and each issue may require more investigation time. Please be patient, thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ScottReinfeld
Honored Guest
No worries. Thanks for your time. 

Fiction18
Honored Guest
I just received my Oculus Go yesterday. After fully charging it, I tested the system with the free videos available. They do seem a bit blurry and I read the staff response about certain 360 videos can vary depending on how it was recorded. Is there any video the staff knows I can watch to test the video quality? I've tried a few videos from the roller coaster ones to the underwater ones and they both seem a bit blurry. I just want to be sure nothing is wrong as it didn't seem as clear and crisp as I expected. 

ScottReinfeld
Honored Guest
Download the Jurassic Park "Blue" Chapter 1. Make sure to download it and not stream it. It is over a gig. The download file has less compression then the streamed. And should look good... Last night I downloaded it and without saying anything to my wife about what I thought about the image I had her watch it. Right away she said she thought it looked blurry and then shortly after said should there be a black line in the center... 

Fiction18
Honored Guest
Thanks for the quick response. So I downloaded Jurassic Park Blue. If i look closely, I can see pixels, especially when it had a closeup of the dinosaur in the beginning, instead of it being very clear and crisp. This is my first VR system so I am not sure what to expect. Is this normal or what you also see on your system?