cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing media?

Altephfour
Explorer
I've enabled the camera roll access and made sure that the oculus app has permissions on android, but for some reason its not seeing any media on my camera roll or in the video app. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

mosbey
Honored Guest
You have to be connected to the same WiFi network and have Oculus app open. Seems to take a minute anyway  I've had luck toggling the feature on and off in the phone app. This is an area that probably could use some additional development - it's not something I found to be super reliable. 

Altephfour
Explorer
Yeah I tried that multiple times and let it idle a few times, nothing. Only way I could get videos to play is by uploading them directly to the headset via usb.

Tpfitz
Protege
I couldn’t get it to connect to my IPhone camera roll either.

mosbey
Honored Guest
Only other thing I've done is toggling wifi on the phone. Note that it took a moment, with no feedback whatsoever. All of a sudden, there was another button in the gallery. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact us so we can investigate this. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, it says "phone unreachable". Will contact support soon

marlh1
Honored Guest
I have the same problem.  Oculus Go is connected to the camera roll on S9 phone, but when i click on camera roll (in the headset), after about 1 or 2 minutes, it says "no media found".  I've tried switching wifi on and off, checked that every oculus app has storage permission, enabled camera roll in the oculus app, and ensured oculus app is running.  I'm wondering if it's because i have a lot of photos and videos on my phone (approx 40 gb on sd card)?  Or maybe because i have the oculus Gear VR app installed also?  Very frustrating.  Any help appreciated?!