New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Bad vertical 'streaks'?

KilgoreTroutKilgoreTrout Posts: 2
NerveGear
Anyone else having pretty bad 'vertical streaks' running across their display?  It looks like pretty regularly occurring "static" lines running vertically across the display.   They're not always in the same place, they flash on and off pretty quickly and are probably only about 1-2 pixels wide. 

I'm used to the Rift/Vive, so trying to figure out if this is 'normal'/expected or if I have a bad display.

Thanks

Answers

• TpfitzTpfitz Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Yea, I’m not sure if its the eyes trying to focus on an VR headset that has no focus adjustment or if its just a normal consequence of the state of the “affordable” technology in the Go.

I’m kinda ok with it .... its not that bad in my case, but yea ... i notice it. Sometimes if I focus on it, they will turn into horizontal lines for a couple of seconds. I wonder if the black spaces between the “pixels” are just big enough to confuse the eyes on what to focus on and creating this issue.

Its hard to tell, at least for me, if its my eyes, if its the hardware, if its the distance between my eyes, if its the space between the pixels ... this is my first VR headset.
  • FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    I get this when downloading lots of apps.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 24,708 Oculus Staff
    That does not sound normal and I haven't seen this. Can you please contact us so we can look into it? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV