New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Go shutting down

efinkinefinkin Posts: 2
NerveGear
I got everything set up. Battery life is 55%. As it's taking me through the controller usage tutorial the screens black out. Can't make it though the controller tutorial. Any ideas?

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 824
    Trinity
    If it doesn't Go then this is not good I think. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,400 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket for assistance. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • brian.moakleybrian.moakley Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    efinkin said:
    I got everything set up. Battery life is 55%. As it's taking me through the controller usage tutorial the screens black out. Can't make it though the controller tutorial. Any ideas?
    Did you find a resolution to this? I'm running into the same issue. The headset is at 54% power and doesn't last more than a minute.
    Please submit a ticket. We'd like to learn more about this issue. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Ticket submitted. Filed under 541137
  • KilgoreTroutKilgoreTrout Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I’m having the same issue. Was able to get through setup, but after screen turns off every few minutes.

Battery % seems not to make a difference. It happens at 100% or 50%. 

I also tried a factory reset but problem still persists.  Ticket created. 

Possibly an issue with the face detection sensor or whatever recognizes that the headset is on your head??
    NerveGear
    My issue went away - I charged the headset to 100% and once the light went green on the headset, I was able to use it. I haven't had any problems since.
    Great news! Thanks for following up.
  • michael.kuczenski.5michael.kuczenski.5 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. I submitted a ticket yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. I went through set-up and every time I turn the headset on it works for about 5 seconds, beeps and turns off. I did a factory reset, tried it with and without WiFi, with and without using the controller, and every time it still shuts down after a couple seconds. Battery was charged to 95% (with the light going green), but I'll try to do 100% to see if that works. 
  • dopelabsdopelabs Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    putting light pressure on the censor between the lenses and/or wiping it clean fixed it... sorta

i have had this happen a few times.. i noticed that after it goes to sleep by itself, it will not wake if you put it back up to your face. both the sleep and the wake are determined using the censor in between the lenses. so i figured maybe if i poke it something wil happen... well... as soon as i put a little pressure on the censor, the unit turned on and prompted to hold the controller button as per usual. it seems like the connection with the center censor has become loose. my unit has not been dropped or mistreated in any way, and judging by the reports it seems like this may be some type of hardware defect.
  • ardeenaardeena Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Do we have any update if this issue is fixed? I am still facing this issue
    You should submit a support ticket. https://support.oculus.com/
  • ptigoeptigoe Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issue. In most apps, the screen will dim after a few seconds and then the whole screen goes black. It doesn't seem to happen in the main Go UI, though, so I am doubting it's purely an issue with the proximity sensor hardware. There some interplay with an app being open, like NextVR or such.

I filed a ticket.
  • davejackdavejack Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having this issue as well, any updates on what to do?
  • jim.light1jim.light1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Me too.  The headset keeps powering itself down after a few seconds.... really sucks.  
  • TommyTeknikTommyTeknik Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, ... Filed a support ticket, but after 5 - 10 seconds, just beeps and goes black. Almost like sleep mode. Mine is less than 24 hours old. Tried a factory reset and then set up unit again, but still doesn't work.
  • aman_dhingraaman_dhingra Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited July 10
    I am also facing the similar issue. But mine works for 2-5 min thn screen froze (no beep though) and device restart itself. reseting the device is not going to help. some how few apps/games are working just fine (racket fury, skybox) but as long as you exit the app, screen froze and restart the device again. I hope its not a hardware issue. may be a problem of some corrupt file system. Anyone got any solution of this problem?
  • Ziggy2043Ziggy2043 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Powering down after menu pops up....charged...made it thru set up but actual user shuts it down. My $20 CHINESE VERSION WORKS BETTER THAN THIS. what's the fix?
  • schwebbsschwebbs Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same exact issue here, the main UI doesn’t shut off but if you run any app it only lasts a few seconds.  Unuseable.  
  • okunevokunev Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Possibly an issue with the face detection sensor or whatever recognizes that the headset is on your head??
    Thank you, your post helped me to solve this issue. I just removed my glasses spacer and the sensor stopped acting wrong.
  • Keroppi667Keroppi667 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This problem started for me after the latest update. Don't bother with a support ticket. It's a waste of time. All they'll tell you is do a factory reset. I even offered that I could adb in, grab logs, whatever I could to help. They don't want to do any actual troubleshooting. Cyber is probably the only person on their front facing staff that gives a damn. I have like 300 titles installed and I have to start over. Many hours of work.
    I don't know of a reliable solution. I recall hearing some people let the battery drain out, then plugged it in to 100% and that helped, but I'm really not sure. If you put in a ticket, we'll probably go through the standard troubleshooting steps (which may require a factory reset if the first steps don't help). 
  • Keroppi667Keroppi667 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I know, cyber. But the fact that there is a thread here of problems indicates that it is not a completely isolated incident. The "standard troubleshooting steps" are re-install the affiliated app, then factory restore. Your team doesn't even want to look at a log or 2. I know you care, we both have been around since the early mtbs3d days...and I know you have to recommend to open a support ticket. But you can't sit here and straight-faced say that your team is putting in *any* effort for an issue...when they won't even look at a log.
    Part of the issue is that there aren't easily obtainable logs for Oculus Go. It's something that would definitely help, and we can look into that for the future. Currently we can do troubleshooting to try to get an idea of the problem, and then provide a warranty replacement if all the steps fail. You're correct that it's not an isolated issue, and I've seen it happen on my personal unit, but it's also not exactly widespread. But I hear where you're coming from so thanks for the feedback.