cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discomfort in right eye when using the GO

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I recently received my GO and it is brilliant, I love what it has to offer. But after even 10 minutes or so of using it, I've noticed a dull out of focus achy/burning sensation crops up in my right eye. I've also noticed that one eye always seems to have a slight blur/smudge coming out of finer details like text where the other one doesn't. Am I just screwed due to a potentially incompatible IPD (I don't know my IPD but that could be it), or am I doing something wrong?
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright, just made an IPD measurement, and my IPD is around the 60mm range, (though it may be like 2 below or above give or take), so I don't think its my IPD, in which case, what is it?

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Did you try cleaning the lenses? I have to do it often or things get blurry from oils on your skin and sweat.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've already cleaned the lenses multiple times with the included cloth.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please reach out to us so we can learn more? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
Put the headset on upside down. Does the blurryness switch sides? If so contact support. Does it stay on the same side? Maybe a good time for an eye exam. Might make everything better!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aight, I found that turning the brightness to minimum and adjusting the straps all but eliminated the discomfort. I did however find that the smudge behind white text on a dark background is subtly there IRL though, so I'm gonna go get that checked out.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You might be seeing glare. This is normal for Fresnel lenses, but actually improved from Oculus Rift.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JohSm67
Rising Star
Noticed some blurriness on the left eye, but had to andjust the headset downwards to put more pressure on my nose to get a clear picture!
Guess you need to find the correct sweetspot adjusting it correctly! 
(What is the IPD span that the GO supports? If you are close to the edges it might be an issue, maybe the glasses adapter could help then.)
JohSm

Zennor
Explorer
I have an unequal IPD ( 3mm difference to face center) and I had this problem with Gear VR - one side not quite sharp.