cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - Blurry & Horizontal Black Line

ScottReinfeld
Honored Guest
I have a thin horizontal black line that runs right through the center of the screen at all times. Everything also seems to be a little blurry and almost hazy. Yes, I made sure there was nothing on the optics and that they were clean. Text and the edges of menu-windows seem to have a glow. I also feel like I can see pixels pretty clearly, also like being super close to an old tube tv. I am guessing I got a dud. Anyone else have this issue?
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
As I mentioned above, the lenses in the headset enlarge the screen, so pixels can become more visible. This is expected, though Oculus Go is actually an improvement to something like Oculus Rift in this regard. It's a good idea to try a game if you want to see the best quality image (and test that your device is working). 360 video can be compressed or lower resolution, and this is what you may be noticing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
Sharp tiny square pixels that make up the display should be visible everywhere. If the video itself seems blurry, then that's usually a low-res video or low-bandwidth streaming. When you start "Blue" it asks you whether you want to download 1.5GB or stream it. You need to let it do the full download to avoid lower-resolution streaming which looks much worse. When watching videos in the Oculus video app, some of them (usually older ones) are terribly blurry.