cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you going to fix the sensors "Poor tracking quality" finally!?

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
For fucks' sake when are we going to have some kind of ability to refresh the sensors without going through entire sensor setup! EVERY TIME I restart my computer I'm greeted with different scenario. One time every sensor works. Another, one doesn't. Then the next time I turn it on, both don't work. 95% of the time they will "wake up" after fresh restart, but ~60% of the time if I use it my computer like normal chances are they will not "wake up" then I have to go into reset sensor tracking, start moving the sensors from USB port to another USB port, and I have NOTHING else plugged in into USB 3.0, just the rift. NOTHING else is using the bandwidth. I browse the fucking internet that's it. It's been like that for OVER a year now since I purchased! FUCK THIS SHITTY ASS SYSTEM!!! Fix it, or give me easy way to wake 'em up, WITHOUT going through lengthy process of resetting!  FUCK YOU!t1xmcrcrivdm.jpg
50 REPLIES 50

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Switching back to 1.25 seems to have fixed my issue, mostly.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I have a similar issue that started afer the last update of either W10 or Oculus, i can't pinpoint which one though, but now when i wake my PC up from sleep both sensors are always poor tracking, and the only way i fix it is doing a restart of the PC, and i have the Intech card and everything was fine up until last month or roundabout that time.
Rift has become so flaky of late, i don't know is it's W10 udates or Oculus updates that keep messing with it.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Evoga
Protege
3 sensors here too and no problems at all.  I am running mine all from an ASRock Extreme4 X370 motherboard. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

maxx11111 said:

Going by your picture it looks like your only having issues with it saying "poor tracking quality" as its shows usb3, i get this but i believe it due to the sensor not seeing the rift on startup properly, its view may be obscured, to fix all i do is use the rift and that goes away as it tracks the headset.

This. If I start up the Oculus app with my Rift sitting on the shelf where I keep it, I get error messages on whichever sensors can’t see it. I take the Rift out and wave it in the air in view of all the sensors, and the error goes away after a few seconds. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
4 Sensors here - I do get this problem once in a while, but I know for a fact it's my motherboard and not the senors or software. What causes it 100% I am not sure, but I have a feeling it's power related and/or compatibility related. Restart my computer fixes it, but really it never stop me from playing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have my third sensor going wonky every now and then but I'm putting that down to it having two USB 3.0 extension cables. When it happens I just disconnect and reconnect it and everything is fine.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

nalex66 said:

maxx11111 said:

Going by your picture it looks like your only having issues with it saying "poor tracking quality" as its shows usb3, i get this but i believe it due to the sensor not seeing the rift on startup properly, its view may be obscured, to fix all i do is use the rift and that goes away as it tracks the headset.

This. 

No, it's not "this". First of all if that was "this", then all of the sensors would display that message, as my Rift is in such place that none of the sensors can see it. Also, I have already mentioned that 95% of the time the message goes away after fresh restart/reboot after I pick it up, but (ok 60% is probably an exaggeration) about at least 30% of the time, if I used it once and then put it down to use computer for other things (mostly browsing internet) and then pick it up again, chances are one of the sensors will not regain the full tracking ability. And that's been going on since I purchased the Rift over a year ago! I got pissy the other day, because was late evening/night and I wanted to quickly play for a little bit longer, and it wasn't working, so instead of play time, I was fiddling with the damn thing and ended up restarting, all together probably took 20 min or so.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I've had two computers since I bought my rift.  I've never had this issue on either system.  I have the Inatek card.  Who knows what's wrong with this thing, while mine doesn't really  have tracking issues,  2.0 doesn't work at all because my dual monitors for whatever reason, are not compatible with it even though I'm using an EVGA 1060 6gb like many others are.

Mine MIGHT have similar tracking issues, but it never gives me any warnings, it just has weird tracking for a minute or so and only in DCS World when I first load it up, it takes about a few seconds to track properly, but it clears up and works perfectly.  So I'm never swapping or unplugging and replugging USB ports.  It is frustrating because it seems if someone has an issue, it never clears up, it just becomes one of the random many problems one might run into and a lot of times, it only effects a small percentage of people but those people never seem to get a resolution, they all have to do workarounds, or like me just can't use a feature because there seems to be no interest in fixing the issue even though they are probably working hard to figure out wtf is causing an issue when they have 1 million and 1 configurations to worry about.

Thmoas
Rising Star
What does the question mark say?

If it's about wireless synch, then just wake the headset and move it through your playspace. It's probably not this but you never know. I have a big playspace and store my Rift far away of 2 of the sensors, they have this every time but just waking the headset and waving it around quickly solves the issue.

If you are having "frame dropped" or something, indeed it might be USB related, or, your CPU is not up to it.

Have you tried just one sensor? Does that keep working? If so, have you tried 2? Have you tried putting them on USB2 on different controllers?

Kyungmin_Han
Honored Guest
dso8edpquc4h.pngI used to have a good time when I bought 3 Oculus sensors on May. Now one has poor tracking problem, another is not even getting detected! I'm another person who is frustrated with this issue. As time goes by it's getting worse and worse. Connecting USB cable again is not going to be a solution, as the port is going to be physically damaged and worn out eventually if I have to do this every single time.