cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Found the Fix and possible reasons Oculus Go's will not connect to PCs for file transfer

kingzope
Protege
Update:  So I found the fix for both issues.  The one is simple. 

If you are prompted to allow access to the file system but nothing comes up you need to go into device manager and totally uninstall and delete the oculus ADB driver.

If you aren't prompted at all the only fix I found was to Factory Reset the Oculus Go from the Oculus App and add it back.  Upon doing that it worked when connecting to my PCs.

I saw that the Oculus Go can be connected to a PC for file transfer however every PC I connect it to no prompts come up and I never see the drive in my file system.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received
46 REPLIES 46

Kdragos
Protege
My fix for this was to do a factory reset on the Go. I uninstalled the drivers. I didn't do the "Permanently allow this computer" thing. I resetup the Go and now it works fine (without the windows drivers). 

kingzope
Protege
Cyber this may be good info to pass along.

So for the heck of it I tried to recreate the problem and was successful in one regard.  It appears that installing the Oculus ADB driver completely stops your ability to access the Go via Windows 10 filesystem.  It will still prompt to allow within the Go but nothing becomes available.  The second issue is with developer mode.  When I turned on developer mode the Go stopped asking for access to the file system and no matter where I plug it in it doesn't work.  I assumed the easy fix would be to turn it off however somehow the developer mode sticks.  I turned it off within the app yet the Go still says it's on.  I tried reboots, closing the app, and toggling multiple times yet it persisted until I wiped the Go again.

Hopefully this information help.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sleepermma
Explorer
I installed Go ADB and now I can't access my GO through Windows 10 File Explorer.

I can confirm this is the same issue on MAC too. Once you turn on Developer Mode, you're no longer able to access the device to transfer files.

qqqturing
Honored Guest
Just don't install the GO adb drivers they don't work... Install the samsung adb drivers, they work fine.

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
OK, I can confirm the Samsung thing worked for me. I didn't do a factory reset on the Go (what a pain redownloading everything would be, so last resort). Went to Device Manager > Portable Devices, right clicked on VR-Headset and told it to uninstall device. Then downloaded and installed Samsung drivers from here from here. After this it again showed empty VR-Headset. But looking back in the Go it again asked for permission to do file transfers, and after giving it again VR-Headset in Explorer now showed "Internal shared storage", with all the folders within.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I was trying to get unity to see the Go, uninstalling the oculus adb drivers and installing the samsung ones fixed it (I didn't do a factory reset).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

spiraloid
Protege
factory reset go.
enable developer mode in oculus companion app.
uninstall oculus adb driver in windows device manager.
unplug go, replug go.
in prompt, tell windows to do nothing when this device is plugged in.  

and now adb sees the go every time I plugin.  thankyou!

brianlas
Explorer
I would like to add my experiences with the Go to this thread. I am running the latest version of Windows 10, and have a 64GB version of Go. I have tried many combinations of Factory Reset; installing and uninstalling the Go adb and the Samsung adb; turning Developer Mode on and off; rebooting my PC, and only on a couple occasions have I been ever able to see adb report the Go as an attached device - usually the list of devices attached is blank. Also, I have NEVER seen the VR Headset folder in File Manager. At this point, I do not know how to proceed, and would greatly appreciate some help in getting all of this to work. Thank you so much!

preston_mccaule
Protege
I'm running into the same issue. I've uninstalled and installed, rebooted both and adb in unity doesnt pick it up.