cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access iPhone camera roll in Gallery

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Has anyone managed to browse their phone camera roll in the Gallery? It says “Phone Unreachable” when I try, and tells me to unlock my phone and open the app, and my camera roll will appear automatically when my phone and Go are connected to the same wifi network.

The app is open, I’m connected to the headset, and both are on my wifi network, but no luck. I’ve tried on two different wifi networks (home and work) with no success.

I tried rebooting the headset, which didn’t help. I also tried logging out of the app, which caused me a good deal of grief—my headset lost connection to my account, and it took a lot of messing around to get it connected again. After a couple reboots it finally came back, but still no camera roll.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
30 REPLIES 30

Frank_Leisten
Protege
Oh sorry I’m using a iPhone X on the same 5ghz WiFi as the Go
Frank W Leisten
MSG, U.S. Army 
Retired

Frank_Leisten
Protege
You might want to reboot the Go I believe you double click the power button while you have it on. 
Frank W Leisten
MSG, U.S. Army 
Retired

LZoltowski
Champion

nalex66 said:

Huh. I’ve tried closing and opening the app several times without success. I never got a white pop-up on the phone asking if access is allowed after setting it to Enabled. I’ll mess around with it a little more. Maybe if I delete and re-download the app...

@"Frank.Leisten" yeah, I’m connected to the Go in the phone app. I’ll have another look at my phone and see if I can get that permission dialogue that LZ mentioned. 

on Iphone double check in Settings>Privacy>Photos>Oculus

fqbijnilenjh.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
That looks like just the thing! I’ll check that soon, and I bet that’ll do it.

Edit: checked my phone, Read and Write permission is already turned on. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar issue with Camera Roll access on my Android phone. It seems the issue is that they don't just need to be connected to the same WiFi network, but the same band. My Oculus Go was connecting to 5 GHz and the phone was connected to 2.4 GHz (both bands has the same SSID on my router). When I forgot the WiFi settings on the phone and reconnected, it connected to the 5 GHz band and I could then access the Camera Roll.

chettawan
Expert Protege
Android works fine. I'm using Huawei P20 Pro just a little trick you need to unlock the phone before open gallery app then the app will detect the phone and allow you to access camera roll. If you open gallery app first then unlock the phone sometimes it's not work.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I had hoped that recent app update would make it work, but still can’t access the phone camera roll no matter what I do. I’ll try telling the phone to forget the network and then reconnecting. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having this problem too, 5GHz WiFi, both on the same one, in the Oculas app I can click the headset and it says 'connected', on the iPhone (iOS11.4.1 6Splus) it has the camera roll access enabled in the app and photo as read+write in privacy. When I go into Gallery it shows any media server I run, it shows EyeConnect from the EyeTV software but never yet have I seen the iPhones camera roll listed. Tried reboot both, turning everything off and back on in the settings but nothing seems to work.
Are there other settings that need to be on? I don't have iCloud sharing on for instance.

IF it worked would I be able to copy photos from the Oculus Go to the iPhone that way or am I wasting my time?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I think it’s just viewing, not copying, but I can’t say for sure as I’ve still never managed to connect to my phone’s camera roll. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, if it's just viewing then I have no interest in it, if I can copy then that would be useful, running up the android transfer thing is just a pain and there is no way on Earth I am connecting any accounts to it. FB used to steal your contacts even if you said no so who knows what they would do with our phones. 

In the UK they are running an ad now saying 'data stealing is bad' or something similar, interestingly, at no point do they actually say they don't do it, just that it is bad...