cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go beeps when off or not used. Please stop this.

FF2170
Honored Guest
Oculus Go beeps about every 30 minutes when off or when not in use.  Please stop this. 

It bothers me when I am about to go to sleep.

13 REPLIES 13

chuffedfox
Protege

FF2170 said:

Oculus Go beeps about every 30 minutes when off or when not in use.  Please stop this. 

It bothers me when I am about to go to sleep.

Have you shut it down by holding the power button and selecting the option on-screen?

LZoltowski
Champion
You can force a shutdown by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

flamaest
Honored Guest

I tried this, it is not working. The system just tries to boot up again.

In fact, I will go as far as indicating that my Oculus go seems to turn on by itself and consume power. Whenever I want to use the system, it is already very low on power so I need to plug it in to charge. 

LZoltowski
Champion

flamaest said:

I tried this, it is not working. The system just tries to boot up again.

In fact, I will go as far as indicating that my Oculus go seems to turn on by itself and consume power. Whenever I want to use the system, it is already very low on power so I need to plug it in to charge. 

When you shut it down completely, can you put it on your head, does it stay off? (obviously this is without having the charging cable connected)
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

flamaest
Honored Guest
Ah, okay. It was plugged in when I tried this and so it would turn back on again. I tried it again now while unplugged and it properly turned off after holding the power down for about 7 Seconds.

LZoltowski
Champion

flamaest said:

Ah, okay. It was plugged in when I tried this and so it would turn back on again. I tried it again now while unplugged and it properly turned off after holding the power down for about 7 Seconds.

Yea the battery should not deplete now as fast and no more blipidy blop at night 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is because Go automatically turns on while charging and reaching a certain battery level. If you want it to stay off, please charge first, then unplug the cable, and turn off by long pressing the power button and choosing Power Off on screen.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

flamaest
Honored Guest
This was one of the reasons why I finally decided to return my unit. It's not like there was an early bird sale that was discounted for early adopters. I can just buy it again in the future if they fix these problems.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I like the beeping. Lol. I'm probably the only one. 😕