cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Copy Files From PC

owenwp
Expert Protege
I have tried two different PCs and my android phone, and nothing is able to access my Go as a disk drive. It shows up under the "safely disconnect" menu in my tray, and I can see an ADB device in my device manager, but nothing shows up in the My Computer screen. There are no prompts for file access inside the headset, or any other signs of activity. I tried rebooting the device, switching to USB 2 ports, updating to the developer ADB driver, turning dev mode on and off, nothing.
18 REPLIES 18

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're aware of this issue, due to having developer drivers installed for Go. See these steps to get it working:

1) Right Click on This PC(My Computer) from desktop or start menu

2) Select Manage then Device Manager (NOTE: Some PC's can go directly to Device Manager from here skipping manage)

3) Directly after Network adapters on the list, it should display Oculus Devices (might be Portable Devices) and if expanded it should display Oculus Composite ADB interface. Right click on Composite ADB interface and select Update Driver (NOTE: Might just be Composite ADB interface or Composite device, VR-Headset etc. but this is the one that needs to be changed to MTP following the steps below)

4) Select the Browser my computer option

5) Select the Let me pick from a list option

6) Select MTP USB Device and Next

7) After the driver updates to a MTP device it should be displayed as a VR-Headset under This PC/My Computer under Devices and drives
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RubinVenture
Protege
I am sure you already did this...but...when you connect the oculus go to the data cable. the oculus go will ask you to allow sharing files in the headset itself [edit] forgot to mention trying different cables as I came across a usb mini cable that I thought could be for data and it was only for charging...I threw it away

studlygoorite
Expert Protege

I am sure you already did this...but...when you connect the oculus go to the data cable. the oculus go will ask you to allow sharing files in the headset itself [edit] forgot to mention trying different cables as I came across a usb mini cable that I thought could be for data and it was only for charging...I threw it away

Thanks for this, I did not see the go ask to allow sharing, fixed it.

owenwp
Expert Protege
Thanks for the quick response. Following these instructions, after selecting "Let me pick from a list" there is no option for MTP USB Device.

The only available choices are:
ADB Device
Oculus ADB Interface
Oculus Composite ADB Interface

I see some others if I uncheck "show compatible devices" but none that sound anything like it.

I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.371 which is the latest on the semi-annual update channel.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try this new developer driver?
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-go-adb-drivers/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bigcat1969
Protege
This might be dumb but I realized I was using a different cord when it worked for me. I switched back to the other cord and it worked again. With the wrong chord I wasn't getting anything on the computer when I plugged it in, but it was charging.

owenwp
Expert Protege
Installed driver 2.0 (which had to be forced, windows said that the best driver was already installed until I used the "have disk" option), no change.

It is the same for me !
And how use DLNA ?
Jean-Luc : Oculus Go and Meta Quest 3in Paris

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
I had this issue for ages, then I turned developer mode off and on again and did a reboot from the HMD while plugged in. It works now for some reason, and I haven't even installed the 2.0 drivers.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision