cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Recommended GO Titles

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So far I've only played one of these recommended titles (Dead Secret Circle). If you're wondering what is worth getting for GO, these recommendations seem solid!

8 Oculus Go Games That Might Tickle Your Fancy

Death Horizon VR

Trains VR

Resolution Games’ Two Hits, Bait! and Wonderglade

Dead Secret Circle

Wands

Race For The Galaxy and Catan VR

Lucifer’s Mask

Ultrawings

Article:

http://vrthegamers.com/8-oculus-go-games-might-tickle-your-fancy

54 REPLIES 54

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
Thanks for the Pet Lab recommendation, I ran the battery down with it this evening.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
The Dead Secret people got back to me. The original Dead Secret is unable to access the trackpad, so you can't swivel from the controller. Dead Secret Circle works fine. You can use the trackpad. They're planning to correct the problem with the original in an update.

CrashFu
Consultant
Don't even have a Go yet and I'm already spending my stash of store credits on games, in anticipation. :lol:

Update:  Hmmm, something tells me I should invest in the 64 gig unit after all. :wink:

ipq7u4hloxkx.jpg

(most of these are free titles, btw.)
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just bought Dead Secret Circle. It’s the Daily Deal today, if anyone was waiting for a discount. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

gotgalf
Expert Protege

CrashFu said:

Update:  Hmmm, something tells me I should invest in the 64 gig unit after all. :wink:
I bought the 64GB version, out of experiences with smartphones, where the storage space is always too little, and after playing around with it, I thought that 32GB would have been enough.

But then I started putting 3D videos on it, and taking it to my friends to show them, and then I was glad that I had 64GB.

I'd say, for games only, 32GB is enough. But a single 3D movie in good quality can easily get bigger than 32GB, so if you plan to watch movies while travelling, better get 64GB.

JustBob12
Explorer
I didn't get the 64gb version because:

"It won't work at launch, but we intend to support USB storage relatively soon, and there are a lot of tiny micro-USB drives." (John Carmack)

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/976934243245867008

CrashFu
Consultant

gotgalf said:
I'd say, for games only, 32GB is enough. But a single 3D movie in good quality can easily get bigger than 32GB, so if you plan to watch movies while travelling, better get 64GB.

Oh yeah, I DO like a good 3D movie, and between the portability / higher resolution, the Go seems like the absolute perfect device for watching them at home (or pretty much anywhere).  So long as you mind the battery life, that is.

JustBob12 said:

I didn't get the 64gb version because:

"It won't work at launch, but we intend to support USB storage relatively soon, and there are a lot of tiny micro-USB drives." (John Carmack)

Ah, this is a good point too, though.. if you just keep games and apps on the device itself and save all your movies on micro-usb drives, that should work out pretty nicely, too.

The indecision gets stronger every day.  Though in the end, there's no reason I can't get the 64 gig unit AND utilize micro-usb, and for a high-quality electronics device like this that I intend to get years of use out of, the extra $50 isn't really a big deal, right?

Side Note:  I guess if I was smart I would have checked the daily deals every day up until I actually get my Go, instead of just impulse-buying all of them at once.  So easy to spend store credits "wastefully" when you aren't the one who paid for them, lol.   (At least I can feel proud to support the various games' devs that extra bit by "paying" full price, eh?  Love how most of the premium mobile titles are only $5 to $10 either way)
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

inovator
Consultant
I had the the 1st vr gear inovator addition is what it was called
 A swivel chair like zenbane showed is awesome. My go is on order and when I receive it, for many of the games and experiences as far as I'm concerned a swivel chair is the only way to go. Try it and you will love it.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
If you buy something you don't like you can get a refund in the app as long as you haven't used it for 1/2 hr I believe. I got a refund for Ultrawings. The controls were frustrating me. Like the journalist playing cuphead I couldn't beat the tutorial. Lmao! I suck. =D Anyways you can get a refund in your purchase history in the Oculus app settings.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

ShiftyInc said:

These all seem to be solid games however, they are missing a couple of essentials it seems.

République VR
The Well
Augmented Empire

And i am having too much fun with Bait! then i should have.

I just picked up Augmented Empire, and WOW, what a fantastic game! It's a turn-based strategy RPG--the combat plays a lot like XCOM, but the game has a cyberpunk vibe. Really excellent voice cast with some big names, and it looks like quite a long game (10 hours). It's by the same team (Coatsink) that made the Esper games. Based on this game, I now want to go check out all their other releases.

If you like XCOM and have been looking for a turn-based strategy VR game, check out Augmented Empire!!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo