cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I punched the wall with my fist and the Touch controller while playing Super Hot

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Hi guys. i've heard others have run into same problem. I'm ok but i hit pretty hard and it hurt.
I have Guardian but it was kind of hard to see over a white background so i went through it.

Anyone has had the same experience?

PS the wall i hit was next to a window, i coul've hit the window
30 REPLIES 30

AnnieC
Protege
I punched my TV screen two times, luckily no permanent damage was done.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Punching walls, demolishing light shades, punching televisions. I think people might think we need anger management..

RattyUK
Trustee

RedRizla said:

Punching walls, demolishing light shades, punching televisions. I think people might think we need anger management..

Step outside and say that!

o:)
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Does everyone have really low ceilings, or you are all really tall?

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

RattyUK
Trustee
I'm very tall!!! (well, I would be if I was a Hobbit 🙂 )
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

GeekyGami
Adventurer
I had a low ceiling before.
Kept getting popcorn stucco in my hair

(Thankfully no longer a problem, all instances of hair have been removed. Performance has been improved drastically.)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a video of a friend of mine playing super hot and he punched a door, we all thought it was hilarious. I've set the guardian system a bit further into the room now but I still hit my lamp shade, luckily its made of paper and bounces off of the controller.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I got an electrician to remove my ceiling light and just use a lamp in the corner of my room now.. I couldn't stop hitting the light, so got an electrician to just remove it..

elboffor
Consultant
The day i got ky touch controllers i was playing the first contact demo.
I put the disk into the 3d printer and as i did connected with my 3yr old girls face. 
She found it funny, after saying 'are you ok?' She said yes. So lowered the rift back and carried on
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Thmoas
Rising Star
I punched my drink to the ground maybe once or twice but that is because I deliberately place it within reach while sitting on the couch.

Apart from that me and my boyfriend often hit the ceiling. We're both 1m90 and the appartement has maybe 2,5m ceiling, I can easely reach there. I can easely reach most ceilings where I live. However I never knocked something over. Playspace 3m by 3m  but actual free space is 4m by 4m. Outside the playspace is the TV, couch, pc chair, barstools and bar etc... whenever I wanna sit there I turn off Guardian (I often sit at my bar on a barstool or in the couch while at the Pug in VRChat).

Edit: btw 4 sensors 5m by 5m apart.