cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus go heating problem

ElectronSpray
Protege
while playing poker vr, the go disconnected and displayed the message "your headset is getting hot..." . When I checked the front, it was hot like boiling water. Has anyone had this issue?90ojua6usgiy.jpg
21 REPLIES 21

LZoltowski
Champion
How long were you playing? Were you charging it at the same time? So far the headset has barely gotten warm for me. Is this happening with any other games or just Poker VR?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please contact us so we can look into this? https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ElectronSpray
Protege

How long were you playing? Were you charging it at the same time? So far the headset has barely gotten warm for me. Is this happening with any other games or just Poker VR?

I was playing for like 2 hours, and I just started charging it while playing about 10-15 mins. I did play another game (texas poker) while charging for like 3 hours and nothing happened. 

ElectronSpray
Protege

Can you please contact us so we can look into this? https://support.oculus.com/

I'll try contact support after I done with my exam. 

ClassicGOD
Protege
When battery is close to 0% it will get charged with a higher current and will heat up. This introduces another heat source to the system making it more likely to overheat. If the battery is charged (or close to charged) but Go is connected it doesn't charge the battery (or uses lower current and doesn't heat up as much) and thus can be used longer without overheating. 
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

kellykincaid88
Honored Guest
Mine is doing the same thing when not plugged in after playing for only an hour. No use before and fully charged at start.

vwells
Honored Guest
Wow.  My GO is also overheating after about an hour.  It was fully charged to start.  Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is doing the exact same thing, also with VR poker. Never had this problem before. The front left side gets super hot. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

BennyT73 said:

Mine is doing the exact same thing, also with VR poker. Never had this problem before. The front left side gets super hot. 

Hey BennyT73, that's
unusual. Please create a support ticket at
support.oculus.com/885981024820727 so we can help you with this.
Thanks! -Rick

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!