cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One iphone for two Oculus accounts for two Oculus Go?

SCSVR01
Honored Guest
i bought two Oculus Go and want to play multi-playing games with my visitors. I have two accounts set up and assigned to each of the Go with my own iphone. 
However, i realize that if I turn on both the Oculus Go, one of the Go will shown a message that “the account cannot be appointed at this time, try again”, or saying my account cant be found. for the other Oculus Go it will randomly signed in one of the account, or showing an error like my profile is showing account A, the heading is showing account B.
it happens even i have turn off the bluetooth of the phone, or even turn off the phone.

does anyone faced this issue too and if anyone knowing a possible solution? 

Thank you!
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know. The way they have it now they are losing money if you think about it. For instance two people that don’t care about multiplayer VR can both share the same experiences for the price of one, yet one app can’t have two areas for apps that are purchased separately with separate login, and CC info. Strange indeed.  I really think they should just scrap the whole phone thing as a mandatory procedure. There might be some type of logistics behind it but it just doesn’t make sense to me that you only need it for the initial start up and then after that you don’t need your phone at all for anything.  It has the ability to do everything from inside. Pretty dumb.

bryantwc
Honored Guest
I have 2 GOs on the same account in the same household. Is there anyway I can play multiplayer games with the same account by creating separate profiles under the same account?

VARBU
Honored Guest
I find it difficult to say that the GO is a stand alone experience if I
have to use a smart phone to access/activate it even once. Let alone
telling people they have everything they need for their VR experience in
one box. Not everyone has a smart phone.

VRSystem2
Honored Guest
I have four (soon to be more) Oculus Go's. Each has its own account all setup and sorted on a single Phone. I am not sure about the IPhone, but on android the is an app i purchased called app cloner. It allows you to clone any app on your phone as many times as you like. Because the oculus app doesn't require any special permissions or resources installing multiple instances of the app then tagging them so you know which ties to which headset is simple. I even have four xbox one controllers, one tied to each headset for playing Minecraft. 

jido-genshi
Honored Guest
Sorry to revive an old thread but, did anyone actually come up with a solution for iPhone? When the Oculus Quest arrives, I want/need to set it up under a different username/account with my iPhone and Oculus App. Will I have any issues using both the Quest and the Go at the same time with only the one iPhone/Oculus app?

FabitoFabito
Honored Guest
I have two Quests and one Iphone...  I still need two phones to manage both Quests.  Still looking for a solution too.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?