New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

8 Recommended GO Titles

2»

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Don't hate me for saying this but Pet Lab is so adorable and so relaxing, you hatch animals in a magical Harry Potter style creature shop, then transform them using spells and potions (based on quest requirements) and train them to sell them based on orders coming in. With the coin you get you get to buy more modifications etc and make your own creatures that you can later train and do multiplayer battles with.

The game is free to try, then it's a £5.99 single payment, no microtransactions. 

Spent like 2 hours in it, and felt quite relaxed after.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    that sounds very boring
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,020 Valuable Player
    danknugz said:
    that sounds very boring
    Looks like the iron bars are not having any effect. Bring forth the Guillotine.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,876 Valuable Player
    danknugz said:
    that sounds

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    The Go remote doesn't move by clicking or swiping on the trackpad on the original Dead Secret. I got a refund on circle because I hadn't started to play it, but I had to send in a message to support on the one I started to play. Hopefully they'll refund me. The track pad really should be functional for that purpose.
    Don't hate me for saying this but Pet Lab is so adorable and so relaxing, you hatch animals in a magical Harry Potter style creature shop, then transform them using spells and potions (based on quest requirements) and train them to sell them based on orders coming in. With the coin you get you get to buy more modifications etc and make your own creatures that you can later train and do multiplayer battles with.

The game is free to try, then it's a £5.99 single payment, no microtransactions. 

Spent like 2 hours in it, and felt quite relaxed after.

I check in with it daily. Definitely a fun/relaxing game.
    The Go remote doesn't move by clicking or swiping on the trackpad on the original Dead Secret. I got a refund on circle because I hadn't started to play it, but I had to send in a message to support on the one I started to play. Hopefully they'll refund me. The track pad really should be functional for that purpose.

I played the original Dead Secret on the Rift, so I can't confirm how it works on GO. However, I can say that it works very well with an XBox Gamepad. You should consider the, Xbox One S Wireless Bluetooth Controller

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/64916/best-oculus-go-controller

This will not only help with Dead Secret, but also with other fun Racing and Space Flight games.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Does Face your Fears or Dead Secret Circle put stuff behind you? I want to sit on a comfy couch, not stand up. 180 degrees is all I need.

Dead Secret is fine playing sitting. There are some parts you may want to look around, but you don't have to stand up or look behind you for the most part.
    Total bum steer. From the very beginning it is impossible to navigate without standing up and turning around. I am an old dude and can't stand for long periods of time. I bought the two dead secret games as a bundle $20 wasted.

That was my bad. I'm so sorry. I played the original Dead Secret on Rift, and you could snap-turn rotate with the remote. It seems you cannot do that on Go, at least not with the Go controller (maybe with a gamepad, I didn't check). I assumed the control scheme would be the same but I guess not.

Because that was my mistake, I will send you $20 to make things right. Dead Secret Circle definitely works well with the Go controller, and the original may work with a gamepad, so feel free to keep the games if you want or get a refund if you prefer, no matter. I'll send you a private message to send the money. Cheers.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Art3mis
    I'm in touch with the Dead Secret people. They say that the track pad should be usable for moving around. I'm going to give it one more try tonight. However the return window is limited to a half hour of use. Just debugging this has taken more time than that. If I can't get it working, they better give me my money back!
  • PixelfoxPixelfox Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the Pet Lab recommendation, I ran the battery down with it this evening.
    Art3mis
    edited May 2018
    The Dead Secret people got back to me. The original Dead Secret is unable to access the trackpad, so you can't swivel from the controller. Dead Secret Circle works fine. You can use the trackpad. They're planning to correct the problem with the original in an update.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    Don't even have a Go yet and I'm already spending my stash of store credits on games, in anticipation. :lol:

Update:  Hmmm, something tells me I should invest in the 64 gig unit after all. :wink:

(most of these are free titles, btw.)
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,203 Volunteer Moderator
    Just bought Dead Secret Circle. It’s the Daily Deal today, if anyone was waiting for a discount. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • gotgalfgotgalf Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    CrashFu said:
    Update:  Hmmm, something tells me I should invest in the 64 gig unit after all. :wink:
    I bought the 64GB version, out of experiences with smartphones, where the storage space is always too little, and after playing around with it, I thought that 32GB would have been enough.

But then I started putting 3D videos on it, and taking it to my friends to show them, and then I was glad that I had 64GB.

I'd say, for games only, 32GB is enough. But a single 3D movie in good quality can easily get bigger than 32GB, so if you plan to watch movies while travelling, better get 64GB.
  • JustBob12JustBob12 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    I didn't get the 64gb version because:

"It won't work at launch, but we intend to support USB storage relatively soon, and there are a lot of tiny micro-USB drives." (John Carmack)

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    gotgalf said:
    I'd say, for games only, 32GB is enough. But a single 3D movie in good quality can easily get bigger than 32GB, so if you plan to watch movies while travelling, better get 64GB.
    Oh yeah, I DO like a good 3D movie, and between the portability / higher resolution, the Go seems like the absolute perfect device for watching them at home (or pretty much anywhere).  So long as you mind the battery life, that is.

JustBob12 said:
    I didn't get the 64gb version because:

"It won't work at launch, but we intend to support USB storage relatively soon, and there are a lot of tiny micro-USB drives." (John Carmack)

Ah, this is a good point too, though.. if you just keep games and apps on the device itself and save all your movies on micro-usb drives, that should work out pretty nicely, too.

The indecision gets stronger every day.  Though in the end, there's no reason I can't get the 64 gig unit AND utilize micro-usb, and for a high-quality electronics device like this that I intend to get years of use out of, the extra $50 isn't really a big deal, right?

Side Note:  I guess if I was smart I would have checked the daily deals every day up until I actually get my Go, instead of just impulse-buying all of them at once.  So easy to spend store credits "wastefully" when you aren't the one who paid for them, lol.   (At least I can feel proud to support the various games' devs that extra bit by "paying" full price, eh?  Love how most of the premium mobile titles are only $5 to $10 either way)
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,226 Valuable Player
    I had the the 1st vr gear inovator addition is what it was called
     A swivel chair like zenbane showed is awesome. My go is on order and when I receive it, for many of the games and experiences as far as I'm concerned a swivel chair is the only way to go. Try it and you will love it.
  • FailrunnerFailrunner Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    If you buy something you don't like you can get a refund in the app as long as you haven't used it for 1/2 hr I believe. I got a refund for Ultrawings. The controls were frustrating me. Like the journalist playing cuphead I couldn't beat the tutorial. Lmao! I suck. =D Anyways you can get a refund in your purchase history in the Oculus app settings.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,203 Volunteer Moderator
    ShiftyInc said:
    These all seem to be solid games however, they are missing a couple of essentials it seems.

République VR
    The Well
    Augmented Empire

And i am having too much fun with Bait! then i should have.
    I just picked up Augmented Empire, and WOW, what a fantastic game! It's a turn-based strategy RPG--the combat plays a lot like XCOM, but the game has a cyberpunk vibe. Really excellent voice cast with some big names, and it looks like quite a long game (10 hours). It's by the same team (Coatsink) that made the Esper games. Based on this game, I now want to go check out all their other releases.

If you like XCOM and have been looking for a turn-based strategy VR game, check out Augmented Empire!!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • darrinjamesdarrinjames Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    DROP DEAD
    POKER VR
  • VinohVinoh Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    edmg said:
    There's no Google Earth app yet, but there's a third-parry Streetview app.
    What is the app called? Available in Oculus store? Thanks.
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,156
    Wintermute
    edited May 2018
    Vinoh said:
    edmg said:
    There's no Google Earth app yet, but there's a third-parry Streetview app.
    What is the app called? Available in Oculus store? Thanks.
    I just checked, and it's Viso Places, in the Oculus store. The UI is a bit clunky, but it works OK for me.
  • MzUniverseMzUniverse Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Do anyone know when Viso Places will be back on the GO?
    I finally picked up Augmented Empire, and hell yeah, this game is great!