cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless they have your PIN they can't buy anyway as it is required to complete purchase, there is also a pattern lock option under the HMD settings in advanced on the phone app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if oculus had their own online video library similar to YouTube. This would allow people to post online 360 videos for the community to enjoy. I do 3-D animation with iClone and I found it is capable of generating 360 video. I have tried the video on my Oculus Go by downloading via the cable. It works fine. It also might be useful for people who should 360 video and would like to share it with their friends on oculus. It would also be kinda cool if it was possible to use a panoramic image as a room design in oculus rooms. It would also be cool if you play a 360 video in oculus rooms.

gotgalf
Expert Protege
Up to now, the Oculus Go is just a toy, for playing games and watching media, but it could be so much more.
But we'd need:
- a file browser, with SMB access over WiFi
- a document viewer
- a terminal emulator
- a RDP/Spice client
- a SIP telephone
- a background music/radio stream player
- an always visible clock
- an always visible (picture in picture) video stream viewer (for babyfone, cctv, etc.)
- the possibility to put direct app links and bookmarks on the home screen. We have 360°, that's a lot of space, so why not use it?
- the possibility to run several apps (browser windows, terminals, file manager, video streams, documents, etc.) in separate windows on the home screen 

The Oculus Go could be a virtual office, with as much virtual monitors as you want, Oculus has just to move in that direction.

Anonymous
Not applicable

geebee666 said:

Unless they have your PIN they can't buy anyway as it is required to complete purchase, there is also a pattern lock option under the HMD settings in advanced on the phone app.

You say "phone app" as if I should know whereof you speak!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ggutshal said:

geebee666 said:

I believe that he is referring to the Oculus phone or tablet app that is used in the initial setup of the your Go. During the setup you are allowed to provide a payment method for making purchases although you can skip this step. During the setup process you are asked to provide a pin number to use for validation when you make purchases. I am speculating about this because I skipped this step and haven't provided a payment method yet myself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ggutshal said:

geebee666 said:

The Oculus Go app you installed to initially activate your Go 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

geebee666 said:

ggutshal said:

geebee666 said:

The Oculus Go app you installed to initially activate your Go 🙂

OH *that* phone app.  I was thoroughly in the zone of thinking that the Go was pretty much, just a phone & thought there was a phone app that could be loaded on the go to give more low-level functionality.  I'd still like a password to lock the headset & not just purchases...

SmallCardinal
Honored Guest
I think it would be cool if they sold a hard strap for it. It would help with the comfortability.

truefive
Protege

I have Drop Dead on Rift but it is not available to me on the Go. It shouldn't matter if the game had to be changed according to the platform, I still payed for that game and should have access to it on both platforms. Will this happen again when Santa Cruz is released?

Help?

Up!

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
I didn't realize that my login name was public. I thought everything used the nickname. But Bigscreen uses my login name. So I changed it on the site. Bigscreen still uses my old user name. That should propagate, but it isn't. If I delete Bigscreen and reinstall it will it use my current username?