cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus and working out anyone?

Sethiest
Explorer
So I love some of the more active oculus games like Beat Saber and it got me wondering;

What games do any of you play to get some good carido in you daily routine? 

Also as a side question, does anyone have tips on keeping the foam clean? I can't keep using the foam on my headset as it is because it'll get smelly. I been using a sweat band but it's not ideal. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

cybernettr
Superstar
YouTuber VRGamerDude has been doing a series of videos on VR cardio. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxsKZxgGM4Y

There are protectors you can buy for your HMD. Cleaning the foam after the fact would be tricky if not impossible.

If you’re doing cardio in VR I can see why it might get sweaty. 

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer

Sethiest said:

...good carido in you daily routine...

Sethiest said:
...keeping the foam clean...
Nope. Choose one. Not possible to have both.

Orodreth16
Expert Protege
Hi, 
I recommend Sparc. That game can really make you sweat 😉
To protect your foam from becoming greasy you can use VR cover, for instance. The cover can simply be removed and washed with the laundry. 

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star

Sethiest said:

Also as a side question, does anyone have tips on keeping the foam clean? I can't keep using the foam on my headset as it is because it'll get smelly. I been using a sweat band but it's not ideal. Any suggestions?

I've just purchased a replacement cover kit from these chaps (Not arrived yet, but only placed order on Saturday)

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-foam-replacements

Having seen reviews and comments from other members here, this would be the way to go.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just wash mine in soap and water. Just make sure that it's fully dry before using it.

YoeyYutch
Explorer
Tee shirt sleeves work well, like a men's size medium or large, I cut out a piece of cardboard about 3" x 2" (80 mm x 50 mm). Fold it in half on the long edge. Lay the sleeve flat with the seam in the back. Hold the cardboard around the front of the sleeve where you want to make an eye hole cutout. Then just cut around the cardboard with a scissors. That makes for a good starting point and obviously exact dimensions will vary depending on the person. Also the hole can be smaller for stretchy fabrics such as tee shirts. I like to make the cutout a couple inches above the widest part of the sleeve, which is the part that goes over my nose. That way I can fold it up to double the thickness and make it more sturdy. Otherwise the little strip of material below my eyes seems too loose. Either way, putting on the headset  is done in such a way that I can hold the material in place over my nose with the headset and everything works out splendidly after that. I'm tinkering with adding some shammy material inside the folds but the sleeve works really well on its own. Sheets work really well too cut into strips. You can get quite a few masks out of a single sheetrrzkwhszwwda.jpg