cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

chettawan
Expert Protege
Love my GO so much especially when I can play Dragon Front without any issue. For me I may need some apps/device for work like RDP/ssh client, bluetooth keyboard support and VPN support. So I can remote from my virtual world to fix some servers issue at my office just to save the real world madness lol. I also love communication capability of Oculus GO/Rift They have good mic and speakers built-in. Imagine that if I can make a teleconference on a Oculus Room presenting my powerpoint or atleast multipage PDF to the project team. Sounds good right?

sukhjeets
Explorer

Netflix can't do downloads because of their contract with the studios. An expanded movie download pay on demand store would work though.

However you could get a mobile hot spot and carry that with you. They're a bit pricey though.

Windows, and Phone/Tablet Netflix apps have an offline feature for Netflix shows ... 

So does the Netflix iOS app. I asked Netflix, but the the support team seems to be unaware of Oculus Go! 

Willard007
Explorer
In Oculus Rooms, it would be nice if we could upload our own patterns for the floors, walls, furniture and sky.  It would be nice if we had presets for the music stations and if the last one you played would come on when you relaunch the app.  It would be nice if, in addition to the logo for the music station on the wall, it would also show the current/next song to be played.

i was really hoping I could share a movie with a guest at my home.  One of us could wear the Rift and the other one wear the Go.  Have not tried it yet, but it seems like I would need to be able to add myself as a friend in order to accomplish this feat.

The hair on my avatar in the mirror when I first open Rooms seems to be messed up.

it seems like there needs to be more stuff to do in the settings room than just change settings.

It would be nice if there was a “new” category for apps on the Go like there is on the Rift.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I would like a blue light filter for night time. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If it hasn't been mentioned already,

The fact that GO auto-powers ON is something that needs to be addressed. Even if it's an update where we have to configure it ourselves.

Granted, the work-around is easy: Hold the button down for 10 seconds. However, the situation is very specific since you can only do this effectively "after" unplugging GO from the charger. If, instead, you plug it in and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds, it still turns back on.

And if you power Off go entirely (either through the in-screen Power Off menu, or holding the button down 10 seconds), it immediately turns back on when plugged in to the charger.

When a user turns GO Off intentionally, it needs to stay Off - no matter what activity takes place.

flashpirate
Protege
I want to know which apps have permission to wake the device and whether they're doing it.

flashpirate
Protege
How about knowing how much free space I have? Or what apps are using my space? How the heck did this not get included when they are literally selling two models that differentiate on this?

Synthetic
Rising Star
disabling of the "miraculous" power drain,

I was at 70% battery... put it down for the night..... then when I got up in the morning I hit 20% in 2 min.
So like others have pointed out it seems to be turning on?

Wifi dropping out until it reconnects when it turns on is another issue that I have seen.

❤️ the Go tho, way cool device. Amazed by it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
- Voice-to-text wherever there’s a text input field. Hunting and pecking isn’t fun. 
- Movies Anywhere/Vudu/et al apps to be able to stream my movies that are currently isolated by DRM. I know that’s up to Movies Anywhere/Vudu devs, but Oculus can reach out and get them going on. And Oculus probably is doing that. Plex is a good workaround for now, but I’d love Movies Anywhere/Vudu even more. I reached out to those companies already. 
- More clarity on how to clean the faceplate. Perhaps some how-to videos. Seeing many YoutTubers saying you can machine wash it, but I’m skeptical of this. Even on a cold, gentle cycle with air drying it, it may not be a good idea. 
- How to videos for noobs on a proper and comfortable fit. 

SpeedVR2
Honored Guest
Removing the 4K video size playback limitation would be good for 360 videos. 5K or 6K playback is essential and hardware can support it.