cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor setup up menu in dash 2.0 is now missing?

Older.Gamer
Protege
A feature I used all the time was running the sensor setup from within the dash 2.0 menu, by accessing settings, and then using the sensor setup check to adjust the headset from whether I was sitting (for skyrim) or standing (for most everthing else).

I can still access sensor setup from the windows app, by clicking devices and then accessing Sensor Setup from the drop down menu, then putting my mask back on and folowing the instructing in in the rift.... But that's really not as cool.

So why was it removed, and will it ever be put back again?
10 REPLIES 10

Older.Gamer
Protege
No one missing this?

Older.Gamer
Protege
BUmp

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never noticed it was there, I always use the Oculus App myself! 😮

LZoltowski
Champion
I have to admit, I never knew you could do that from within the headset 😐
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, always thought it had to be done from desktop.

Older.Gamer
Protege
Blimey. I had no idea I was the only one using it.

Older.Gamer
Protege
So, can anyone from the OR Dev team make a comment on this please?

shiari
Heroic Explorer

So, can anyone from the OR Dev team make a comment on this please?

This is a community forum, the OR "dev team" never posts on here so nope you won't get that comment.

If you want to make a feature suggestion, https://riftcorebeta.uservoice.com/ is your best bet. However, what you are doing (rerunning setup to adjust your position) isn't what they would recommend. Normally you'd reset position within the game you're running, and there should be no need for regularly recalibrating your setup as that's just for figuring out where your sensors are rather plus figuring out the best standing position.

For Skyrim VR the player height option should since 1.4 allow you to set it to a value that allows for playing in a seated position. Before 1.4 that was also possible, but required editing the config files.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, I have not re-ran sensor setup in many months. Tracking is rock solid.