cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go controller freeze (troubleshooting)

Vannho18
Explorer
Yesterday, the controller freeze, so I try to reboot the viewer, I push the on/off button few seconds & just show a prompt to cancel-restart-turnoff, but I couldn't move the pointer, it said that you can use the volume button to select but they don't respond..
after a while I make a looong press of the on/off button during -i don't remember- maybe 20 seconds o more & the oculus go turn off completely , when it started again the controller works OK.
I post this in case some else has this issue, because there is not a troubleshooting about it.
15 REPLIES 15

Vinoh
Adventurer
Same problem here several times in the past few days after a couple of weeks with no problem.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
Take the battery out of the controller and then put it back in. It will fix it.

Vannho18
Explorer
stephenworth remove the battery & put it back was the first thing I did, it didn't work on my case..txs

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
Did you try forgetting the controller in the phone app and relinking it? If it never comes back, something in the controller must be broken

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
I've never had battery cycling the controller do anything. Only a full power off/on seems to fix it when the controller becomes partially inoperable (buttons work but gyros don't, etc.). So far it's only been on wake that it gets messed up. It has never failed while in use.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
I've had it freeze and be fixed by pulling the battery and putting it back again. And I've had it freeze where I had to unpair it in the phone app and relink it.

JustBob12
Explorer
This happened to me yesterday and I did what the OP did. But thanks for the battery tip, much simpler!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had it freeze and be fixed by pulling the battery and putting it back again. And I've had it freeze where I had to unpair it in the phone app and relink it.

Dittos,. Also, supposedly you can restart the controller by holding down both the Back and Oculus buttons for several seconds.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting using the phone app?