cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set a profile photo

declantm
Protege
Hi,
I am wondering how to set a profile photo? I am able to create an avatar without any problems but I'm not able to create a profile photo.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
MVP
MVP

The profile picture you see in your Oculus Go is the profile picture from your Oculus account that you logged in with. You can change it on the Oculus website here. Click on you profile name at the top of this page, and then hover over your profile image and click Change Picture.

I don't think setting a web/forum avatar changes it for the Go account. you can set a profile picture in the desktop Rift app, and that will apply in the Go for the same account.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

View solution in original post

LZoltowski
Champion
Forum image does not correspond to your Oculus account. This can currently only be done in the Rift windows App, in theory, you can download the rift app here: https://www.oculus.com/setup/ skip any hardware setups, log into your profile, then change your image by clicking here:   .. you can then uninstall the desktop app. 

gfmkkch3j043.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
The profile picture you see in your Oculus Go is the profile picture from your Oculus account that you logged in with. You can change it on the Oculus website here. Click on you profile name at the top of this page, and then hover over your profile image and click Change Picture.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I don't think setting a web/forum avatar changes it for the Go account. you can set a profile picture in the desktop Rift app, and that will apply in the Go for the same account.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

declantm
Protege
Thanks for the reply. I went to the Oculus.com website and clicked on the icon in the top right corner and then i clicked on My Profile. I couldn't find a profile image on that webpage.

I then did the same thing on this forums website and changed the profile picture but it hasn't changed the profile picture on my Oculus Go. Maybe I need to wait a while before it propagates through the network.

LZoltowski
Champion
Forum image does not correspond to your Oculus account. This can currently only be done in the Rift windows App, in theory, you can download the rift app here: https://www.oculus.com/setup/ skip any hardware setups, log into your profile, then change your image by clicking here:   .. you can then uninstall the desktop app. 

gfmkkch3j043.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

declantm
Protege
Perfect, that worked 🙂
Thanks folks for all your replies.

desiv
Expert Protege

declantm said:

Perfect, that worked 🙂

Just for clarification...
Which solution proposed worked?  😉

Ah!  I think I see it.  It was the Rift app install option.
It threw me off because the messages showed up out of order (I am assuming because they were "accepted answers" and popped to the top.). 

Thanx!

LZoltowski
Champion

desiv said:

declantm said:

Perfect, that worked 🙂

Just for clarification...
Which solution proposed worked?  😉

Ah!  I think I see it.  It was the Rift app install option.
It threw me off because the messages showed up out of order (I am assuming because they were "accepted answers" and popped to the top.). 

Thanx!

Yes, Accepted Answers float to the top so they are easier to find 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Right now, the only way to change the avatar image is through the Oculus Windows app, or the Gear VR app. Currently the website and Oculus Go companion app do not have this feature. However, we are looking into it for the future. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

rxwot
Honored Guest
Any update on being able to change profile photo from the Oculus app or website?  Spent way too long looking for this feature to realize it can only be done from Gear VR app or 4GB Oculus Windows application...  the Gear VR app is no longer listed in app store or Samsung apps and I'm not about to download 4GB to add a photo to my account.