cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.26 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
Heads up! The latest Rift SI version 1.26 is starting to roll out. This month's update brings Events to Rift! Events are a new way for you to discover and join public events, such as tournaments, meet ups and concerts. Bigscreen, Settlers of Catan, and Brass Tactics are just a few of the titles hosting events over the coming month, so keep an eye out! You can still share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool. 
  • Events:
    • You can now discover public events on Rift, such as tournaments, social gatherings, and free weekends. Browse and subscribe to events via the Oculus desktop app. Once subscribed you'll receive a desktop notification when it's time to jump in and join the fun.
    • Developers can submit and schedule events for their apps and games through the Developer Dashboard.
  • Library:
    • You can now hide and unhide applications in the the Oculus desktop app.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta:
    • Added improvements to Oculus Desktop usability in Dash.
  • General:
    • Graphics: improved performance across all applications.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
34 REPLIES 34

Netheri
Rising Star
So did i understood correctly, that we lost the ability to run SteamVR games without Oculus Home with the Admin Trick with this update???
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

martin-t
Honored Guest
Hi,

after the 1.26 update, we've started to experience very strange artifacts with lighting and particle effects in our Unity VR experience. We're using Unity 2017.3.0, the built-in lighting (point lights) and built-in particle system. Every light now has a very strange camera-aligned semi-transparent quad around it and particles look like they are incorrectly blended and they have a similar quad around them as well. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots as this behavior is visible only through Rift, everything looks fine on screen, I'll think about a way to capture it. This is happening both in editor and in a build and for new and old builds alike. PCs that are not yet updated to 1.26 don't suffer from this issue.

We are operating a large-scale location-based VR experience, so this is a critical impediment. All of the backpack PCs have already been updated and we simply can't charge our customers when the visuals are clearly broken. I'll try to provide more detailed information, but in the meantime, is there any immediate workaround? Can we roll-back to a previous Oculus version?

I can't stress enough how critical for us it is to resolve this issue fast.

Thanks,

Martin

Digikid1
Consultant

Killinn said:

Digikid1 said:

gozu said:

Thank you VERY much for adding the option to hide things. Been wanting that for years! 🙂

Pretty sure they have had that for quite a while now. 

nope

Yup

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
"You can now hide and unhide applications in the the Oculus desktop app."
Really ? I can't hide 3rd party app !

When will you release a version with messaging option ? I want to send message to my friends !!!!

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Killinn said:

Digikid1 said:

gozu said:

Thank you VERY much for adding the option to hide things. Been wanting that for years! 🙂

nope

Yup

Nope
First time for public release.
The clue is in the OP................

• Library:

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Digikid1
Consultant

Richooal said:

Digikid1 said:

Killinn said:

Digikid1 said:

gozu said:

nope

Yup

Nope
First time for public release.
The clue is in the OP................

• Library:

You’re still wrong. I hid an app back last summer by accident. However back then once you hid an app it was almost impossible to UNHIDE it. I even made a topic on it and they CONFIRMED IT. 

So nice try. 

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

I even made a topic on it and they CONFIRMED IT. 

So nice try. 

Link please, I'd like to read that.

Uninstalling, filtering installed/uninstalled apps, accidentally hiding by an unrepeatable method, and uninstalling 3rd party apps do not count as "hiding and unhiding"

@gozu was referring to an OPTION to hide and unhide apps in the Oculus desktop. This has not been available to us before.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Digikid1
Consultant

Richooal said:

Digikid1 said:

I even made a topic on it and they CONFIRMED IT. 

So nice try. 

Link please, I'd like to read that. 

You know how to search. Feel free to do so. I will not search for others. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Digikid1 : You're wrong.
I've had apps I wanted to hide since the very beginning, checked if it was possible whenever the Rift would update, and it never would be.
You're confusing this function with the "3rd-party app removal" function. 3rd-party apps can be removed from the library, that's true ; but it wasn't possible to remove apps that you downloaded from the Oculus Store.
As Richooal stated, Oculus wouldn't say it is now possible to do it if it were before...

-------

So, 1.26 is out of Beta... and there's still the impossibility to launch games without Home! SteamVR games are now unplayable for me, as I have to run Oculus, SteamVR AND the actual game to play!!!

YES!  This really needs to be fixed, but I have a feeling it's intentional.  Thought I was losing it last night when I sat down to do a quick PCars 2 session, but ended up trying to troubleshoot why this wasn't working instead. 

@Stiggosaurus : This is the sad truth of the PC world xD! I also have to spend a lot of time troubleshooting, like "why has it become so slow, is it because of Windows update or NVidia drivers?", or "why are the FPS so low in this game, is it not optimized or does it come from my side?". It can be hell xD.
It's even worse in VR because you get ready, you put your headset on, launch the game, and then you realize it won't work and you have to put the headset off...
Hopefully standalone HMDs like Santa Cruz won't have this sort of problem.

MPires
Heroic Explorer

So, 1.26 is out of Beta... and there's still the impossibility to launch games without Home! SteamVR games are now unplayable for me, as I have to run Oculus, SteamVR AND the actual game to play!!!

YES!  This really needs to be fixed, but I have a feeling it's intentional.  Thought I was losing it last night when I sat down to do a quick PCars 2 session, but ended up trying to troubleshoot why this wasn't working instead. 

+ 1