cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot copy files to Oculus Go

plan9films
Honored Guest
When I try to files to my Oculus go I get this message - The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected - any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

LordDavon
Explorer
I'm having the same issue.  As well, most every article I've read says to connect the Go to your PC and you'll see the space used in File Manager, yet while I can go into VR-Headset, there is no Internal Shared Space listing.

I've used 2 PCs, my gaming desktop and my Surface Book 2 15". Neither will allow the file copy or show the space.  Ive also tried et d several cables, including a brand new cable from the package.

Both PCs are running either the latest Windows 10 or the latest Windows Insider.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you hook up usb cable you will hear the sound of windows seeing it but there is nothing under headset to view just yet..then go to headset where it asks you to allow for the viewing so you click allow then back to explorer where you can now see the internal space on headset and transfer or delete or whatever you need to do.

Darmoed
Explorer
Was same shit, plug in to usb 3.0 and it's tells me can't install the driver, ok than i move to usb 2.0 same shit, but i go to device manager and found VR-heaset with yellow Exclamation point, i right click on it on Vr-headset and choose update driver software than i click search automatic - was something. After storage appeared, to move files need permission from oculus go all the Fuc..ing time when I want to upload files to oculus go.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem.What I was doing wrong first off was using a usb extension cable.Sometimes it would work most times it wouldn't. You also MUST use the cable that comes with your Go. Once its hooked to pc you'll hear your pc beep letting you know windows sees your headset but you cant move files till you allow it to..So as soon as you hook up cable go back into headset and you'll see a blue button there that says something about allowing files to be moved or something like that..Once you click that then go back to windows explorer and now you'll see a sub menu under your headset in explorer and now you can transfer files onto your headset. Took me awhile to figure this out but once I did it works 100% off the time. Hope this helps y'all.

GrotesqueShadow
Honored Guest
At first it worked for me but after setting it to developer mode (if I remember correctly) it stopped being shown as data storage in the windows explorer. When I type "adb devices" into a console window the explorer finds it again and lets me transfer files. Just mentioning it in case it's useful for anyone.

supercyberfunk
Honored Guest

clyfff said:

I had the same problem.What I was doing wrong first off was using a usb extension cable.Sometimes it would work most times it wouldn't. You also MUST use the cable that comes with your Go. Once its hooked to pc you'll hear your pc beep letting you know windows sees your headset but you cant move files till you allow it to..So as soon as you hook up cable go back into headset and you'll see a blue button there that says something about allowing files to be moved or something like that..Once you click that then go back to windows explorer and now you'll see a sub menu under your headset in explorer and now you can transfer files onto your headset. Took me awhile to figure this out but once I did it works 100% off the time. Hope this helps y'all.

Thanks, clyff.  Helped me out a lot.  To be clear, when you said, "Go back into headset," you meant to put the headset back on.  All good now.

heatondev
Honored Guest
I am resurrecting this post in hopes of getting a straight answer from Oculus. I have spent hours trying different troubleshooting tips and I still cannot transfer files to my Go without getting the Cannot Copy Files error window. I have Allowed it in the Go. I can see the folder structure. But when I try to drag an image file to Pictures or a movie file to Movies or any file on to the Go I get the error. I can move files from the Go to my computer. I can use Total Commander and ADB tools to move files. Correction, now I can't even use Total Commander. But I cannot drag them directly. Has anyone found a fix for this? I have factory reset my Go and installed the latest Go ABD drivers.

heatondev
Honored Guest
Update: I tried this on a different computer and did not experience the same problem, so it must have something to do with my USB drivers or perhaps the BIOS.

punitvara
Honored Guest
Turn off the developer mode from connected occulus mobile app. Unplug cable and then restart occulus. Connect again with cable. It worked for me. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?