cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

LZoltowski
Champion

nrosko said:

It depends if there is competition at christmas. I actually think 50k is a bit low? Normally release day is a peak as there is a backlog of customers waiting to buy it. Early days but I think it looks similar to cv1 sales not really the everyman product it was hoping to be.  

True, but I think that applies to games more than this tho, it's a completely new product category for the mainstream and in this instance, like with the first iphone it will be organic growth, rather than a day 1 hit.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Darmoed
Explorer
Next oculus Go i would like to see supports 5K Videos

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Darmoed said:

You might be waiting a while..

nrosko
Superstar

RedRizla said:

Darmoed said:

maybe not, if they could maybe down scale for games but use high res screen for watching videos. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

nrosko said:

RedRizla said:

Darmoed said:

maybe not, if they could maybe down scale for games but use high res screen for watching videos. 

And what processor is going to do that on an Oculus GO? Where also talking about 2 screens not just one.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

nrosko said:

RedRizla said:

Darmoed said:

And what processor is going to do that on an Oculus GO? Where also talking about 2 screens not just one.

This one!

https://www.em360tech.com/tech-news/technews/google-unveils-worlds-powerful-quantum-computing-proces...

Digikid1
Consultant
Those numbers would be far greater if they made it available to Canadian customers on a more widespread sales model. Amazon canada says that Oculus will not let them sell it but America Amazon can. The ONLY way to get it is theough Oculus themselves in Canada. 

That’s pure BS sales tactics right there. 

edmg
Trustee
Oculus deliver to Canada faster than Amazon and probably charge less (tax is included in the Oculus price, but not at Amazon).

Digikid1
Consultant

edmg said:

Oculus deliver to Canada faster than Amazon and probably charge less (tax is included in the Oculus price, but not at Amazon).

Amazon Canada delivers next day. Oculus does this as well?

edmg
Trustee

Digikid1 said:
Amazon Canada delivers next day.

Not unless you pay extra for shipping, it doesn't. At least, not unless you happen to live right next-door to an Amazon warehouse.

Usually more like a week for free shipping to me.