cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

WolfKingFist
Honored Guest

It would be nice if oculus had their own online video library similar to YouTube. This would allow people to post online 360 videos for the community to enjoy. I do 3-D animation with iClone and I found it is capable of generating 360 video. I have tried the video on my Oculus Go by downloading via the cable. It works fine. It also might be useful for people who should 360 video and would like to share it with their friends on oculus. It would also be kinda cool if it was possible to use a panoramic image as a room design in oculus rooms. It would also be cool if you play a 360 video in oculus rooms.

You can actually but it's Facebook 360 videos

desiv
Expert Protege
Now that I've had it for a few days, first thing I can think of is..
I'm not enthralled by the Home Screen.
Maybe just some customization, ability to PIN apps to it or something?
I find myself powering it up and then going straight to the screen that shows my installed apps.
I think I might like it best if there were a room in my Oculus Rooms that I could view/launch my apps from and have that be my Home Screen maybe???

brentoni
Protege

I like to throw in a suggestion. I feel it would be best to move Youtube Twitch and Hulu and Netflix apps to the Oculus Room App. I dont understand Facebook's majority videos in the TV section and there are videos that I don't even watch there. I can use the search feature but if I want to search videos say from YouTube I may or may not get the desired result. I hope Oculus can move YouTube, Netflix, Twitch, and Hulu apps to the  Oculus Room app 

I somewhat doubt that they will incorporate YouTube into the Oculus room app, at least not in the near future, because YouTube is owned by Google whose Daydream VR platform is the main rival to the Gear VR/Oculus Go. Also the reason the majority of the videos are from facebook is probably because facebook owns Oculus, it even says "from facebook" right on the front of the Oculus Go packaging.

Vinoh
Adventurer
Provide multiple user profiles so people could maintain their individual games progress when sharing a headset. In the interim, maybe there is a solution to save copies of directories by hooking up to a PC?

Javelin396
Adventurer
I'd like a controller with an analog nub/stick or something

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this isn't Oculus' choice, but I would VERY much like a Vudu app and I have a huge library I was looking forward to watching and so far, haven't been able to tap into it.  I never had a problem on the rift since I could use my browser but the browser isn't supported on the Go for Vudu now.

Yeah, I tried logging into Movies Anywhere too. Tried requesting the desktop version as well as the mobile version. They both prompt you to download the Movies Anywhere app, which of course, doesn’t exist...yet. My DRM-protected film collection is in jail until a Vudu or Movies Anywhere app is written for the Oculus platform. My guess is this will happen sooner or later. 

declantm
Protege
I would like to see a video player on the Go that supports NFS so I can stream videos from my NAS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to see a Kindle app. The Go has just about replaced my use of my iPad at night sitting up in bed except no Kindle app for reading.

GreenAdder
Honored Guest
I think the store could use a bit more polish. 
  • I'd love to be able to click on a game publisher's name within a game's description, so I can find the other things the company has published.
  • The ability to sort by different criteria (price, newest, most downloaded, alphabetical, highest average rating, etc.)
  • An option to single out games that use Bluetooth gamepads, as opposed to the default controller. Some people might be looking for these specifically. Some might be trying to avoid them.

vr_warehouse
Explorer
Option of creating playlists (folders) for apps. Horror section, shooter section, education section... etc. 
www.vrwarehouse.biz
www.facebook.com/vrwarehouse
@vr_warehouse