cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

Anonymous
Not applicable
It wouldn't surprise me if they've shifted at least 400K of the things including the sales from the Far East, maybe even half a million. I'm beginning to think that @Zenbane may be right with his 2m+ prediction. 😮

These things are going to fly off shelves worldwide around Christmas.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Again with the Amazon bait - as if Amazon is the only seller of the GO Unit. It think we are at 100% of the threads on this forum that talk about sales where the same person tries to intentionally derail by posting as if a single Amazon screen has anything to do with global sales of an entire product-line.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

As has been told the last 100 times this bait was provided for other Oculus hardware, like the Rift:
  • Oculus GO can be purchased directly from Oculus.com
  • Oculus GO can be purchased from BestBuy.com
  • Oculus GO can be purchased from Amazon.com

Logic dictates that Amazon numbers alone do not mean anything about total sales.

All this has been said before. Continuing to use Amazon to make the claim that hardware isn't selling well defies logic, and at this point is clearly a bait tactic.

Also, the Vive is PCVR and GO is mobileVR. Comparing the 2 is apples/oranges and outside the scope of the current thread topic. So not only is it bait, but it's also intentional derailing.

CrashFu
Consultant
How long a period of time are Amazon's top-sellers lists based on, anyways?

Either the Vive suddenly came back from the dead for some reason, or Amazon has sold more Go's (in only a few weeks) than they ever have Vives?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The OP brought sales number indicators to the table, and they did so in a very positive way. Now the topic has been intentionally derailed in to console-war rhetoric by the same individual who has been doing it for some 3 years now.

Bringing up Amazon is intentionally focusing on one market in order to once again use something as a "sniper tower against Oculus." Something that another user experienced in their Pimax Thread. Now we have to see it all over again.

The sales number indicator provided by the LZ at the start of the thread is something that supports all 3 storefronts. Android downloads happen no matter which store was used to purchase GO.

This is not a discussion about Vive and it would be nice to see the Mods getting more strict about intentional baiting and derailing. It's painfully obvious in this case; and that is thrice in three different threads in a very short time frame.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Atmos73 said:

Vive caught GO 32GB on Amazon. So either GO 32gb is selling bad or Vive is selling good. 

Theirs about 20% difference between 32gb and 64gb models.

Just saying.

q5bc2m3rzw5n.jpeg

Good grief. Do you ever stop?

Amazon.com features US sales FROM THAT SITE ONLY. It doesn't include sales from Oculus, it doesn't include sales from US retail stores and it doesn't include sales in the Far East or the rest of the world.

Yes, the Vive is selling better than it was but that has NOTHING to do with the price of chips. You're not even comparing apples to oranges, we're not even talking about fruit here, you crazy fool lol 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Atmos73 said:

You bring no sales figures to the table @Zenbane. You bring the derailment because to dont except anything that doesnt suit your agenda and you want to discredit figures that don't show GO sales in a good way as you hoped.

The chances of GO selling 2 million in 2018 are zero because relitively Vive would have to sell 1million in 6 months. Thats not going to happen either.

But ignore Amazon what do I care.

And this makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL lol 😮 😄 😄 😄

Are you drunk?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I very much enjoy Amazon sales numbers when discussed in the proper context. Like any logical individual, I do not enjoy taking one small fact and blowing it up to the point of extreme exaggeration and then starting a crusade with that as my only evidence.

CrashFu said:

How long a period of time are Amazon's top-sellers lists based on, anyways?

Either the Vive suddenly came back from the dead for some reason, or Amazon has sold more Go's (in only a few weeks) than they ever have Vives?

Here is Amazon's explanation of how their "Best Sellers Rank" works, and it is not in the way that some people think it works.

While the Amazon Best Sellers list is a good indicator of how well a product is selling overall, it doesn't always indicate how well an item is selling among other similar items. Category and subcategory best seller lists were created to highlight an item's rank in the categories or subcategories where it really stands out.

We choose a few of the most popular subcategories in which the item has a high ranking in relation to other items in that subcategory, and showcase the item's rank on the product page. As with the main Amazon Best Sellers list, these category rankings are based on Amazon.com sales and are updated hourly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=525376

Since this topic has been derailed in to a "GO vs Vive" debacle, now that we can see Amazon's own explanation, we can see that it's entirely possible for Oculus GO to completely outsell the Vive despite the ranking list because they are in 2 different "subcategories." GO is actually in the "Accessories" Subcategory of VR for Amazon, and the Vive is in the "Headset" Subscategory of VR for Amazon.

Also, GO is currently Amazon's Choice product for VR:

mxcgr5jvtov6.jpg

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Vive sales and GO sales are not relative based on Amazon rankings because they are in different subcategories. Amazon spells this out quite clearly.

Why is the Vive being mentioned in this thread?

It seems to have been created to talk about Go sales. I assume the only person to bring up Vive sales in this thread was Atmos. How long is this behaviour going to be allowed to continue?

I have no idea what possesses someone to continually defend non-Oculus hardware within the Oculus forum but I got tired of it a long time ago. There's no reason for it. It's pointless and only serves to antagonise forum users.