cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Oculus GO in schools

Juan_F_Erazo
Explorer

I'm working for an educational company that is developing Unity curriculum using Oculus GO headsets. We're running into the issue where the GO requires a Facebook account to function and we don't want to require students under 13 to log into the GO with their Facebook account.

Also we're setting up 100+ GOs for development at a time and we're looking for the easiest and fastest development environment setup guide for the school IT teams to get them working on school computers.

Any advice for either of these issues?

6 REPLIES 6

desiv
Expert Protege
I thought I'd heard that VR headsets aren't recommended for younger kids?  Not great for the younger eyes?
(Actually, after googling, it looks like there might not be any evidence that it's bad for kids eyes..)

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is another thread discussing the need for a kiosk mode. It sounds like you may have similar issues. You might want to look it up.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Oculus Go does not require a Facebook account to use the product. You'll only need a free Oculus account. However, the product is not for use with children under the age of 13. Please read the Health and Safety Warnings here:
https://www.oculus.com/legal/health-and-safety-warnings/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

acdalton
Honored Guest
I'm considering purchasing several Go headsets for library use. I'd be interested in people's set up options. The Lenovo Mirage Solo has educational bundles, but the cost is four times more than cobbling together my own set/cases/accounts would be using the Go.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Child abuser!!! Lol jk. 😃

toddlakes
Honored Guest
Using Oculus in school is a great idea. Modern technology should be used in all areas of life. It simplifies learning technology and makes it more interactive. In my college they use an online service for writing a speech called Paperial.com . I believe that modern technology is a new step in education. Paper textbooks and notebooks are already absolutely irrelevant. We must strive for new innovative achievements.