cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

kevinw729 said:

Facinating, any chance of adding HTC Vive Pro to the chart?

I can add it but those headsets skew the graph due to their very low ranking.  Here's what it looks like:

jgnwcr86h6yv.png

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

Hang on. Zenbane ust spent the last how many pages dismissing the Amazon rankings but as soon as some one else post Amazon rankings he has this to say!

Zenbane said:

Nice one @vanfanel !

This gets ultimate lols.

You are intentionally generalizing my position in order to perform a very bad personal callout.

What I did was spend many pages dismissing Amazon rankings as a sales indicator.

vanfanel specifically made this clear when presenting the charts:
As someone mentioned these rankings do not represent a linear ranking of actual units sold.

What gets ultimate lols is your continued failed attempts to attack/derail in this thread. Things just got back on track; try to control yourself for the betterment of those trying to move on to something actually constructive.

vannagirl
Consultant

Atmos73 said:

It’s like having some one turn up at a party to fart and then leave. 

Hrmmm

Reminds me of a date
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

sorry about that

nrosko
Superstar

Atmos73 said:

No, no, no. I posted rankings, he posted rankings. The difference is I specified if you know rough sales figures of one you can relatively fill in the blanks for the others. If Vive sells 42,000 a month and GO ranks the same. You can be pretty sure as far as Amazon is concerned GO is selling roughly 42,000 too. GO couldn’t possibly be selling 3 or 4 times as many.

But I actually couldn’t care less if you dismiss my theory or not. Lets wait for F8 2019 for some real sales figures.

Forget it Zenbane is totally blind to his own bias.

mikeyreds12
Explorer
It’s on sale in the UK direct from Oculus.  I’ve seen no advertising for it though not even on Facebook itself which is surprising really unless they are waiting for more experiences/apps to become available.  Definitely needs apps like NetFlix, Prime and Sky UK (or even Flixster) to allow you to download movies as they do for IOS devices.  I’m sure it will come just a pain having to wait.  I’m really pleased so far with the quality and the content to date but needs more.  The possibility of watching live sports and concerts in decent quality is something I’m looking forward to.  Compares well with the PSVR and is better in some ways although the lack of positional tracking (e.g. moving back and forth to look out of a window) is noticeable in a few apps (like Apollo 11) .  Overall shows lots of promise.  Can’t wait for future generations with faster processors, higher video quality and a wider field of view.  This device could be what the iPhone was to phones (hopefully!) and is just the start.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

It’s on sale in the UK direct from Oculus.  I’ve seen no advertising for it though not even on Facebook itself which is surprising really unless they are waiting for more experiences/apps to become available.  Definitely needs apps like NetFlix, Prime and Sky UK (or even Flixster) to allow you to download movies as they do for IOS devices.  I’m sure it will come just a pain having to wait..

Agree that it is surprising - I moderated at the VR World conference in London yesterday, and on and off the show floor there was a lot of consternation at the lack of any collective support in marketing or promotion from OVR or FB. There were the usual suggestion of the "coming soon killer app" that would start the process, or the "waiting till Christmas" suggestion - but both did not hold water. Especially with the news of the Samsung/HTC AR/VR system in the wings, and the price drop expected on the Focus. Possibly OVR is waiting on their own major price drop to make the OGO a "must have" entry level VR system?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

No, no, no. I posted rankings, he posted rankings.

He posted ranks and said that the ranks do not
indicate sales numbers; you posted ranks and said that they do indicate
sales numbers. You spent 3 pages defending that fact. Are you really
going to spend another 3 pages re-explaining it? lol

nrosko said:
Forget it Zenbane is totally blind to his own bias.

nah, I'm just immune to trawls.

You also seem to have forgotten that you also disagreed with Atmos' use of Amazon Rankings to determine sales figures. Yet you blindly champion his cause anyway. You seem immune to quite a few things, like consistency and relevance and smarts in general.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
wc0aa2dcyc7r.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Anonymous
Not applicable

kevinw729 said:

It’s on sale in the UK direct from Oculus.  I’ve seen no advertising for it though not even on Facebook itself which is surprising really unless they are waiting for more experiences/apps to become available.  Definitely needs apps like NetFlix, Prime and Sky UK (or even Flixster) to allow you to download movies as they do for IOS devices.  I’m sure it will come just a pain having to wait..

Agree that it is surprising - I moderated at the VR World conference in London yesterday, and on and off the show floor there was a lot of consternation at the lack of any collective support in marketing or promotion from OVR or FB. There were the usual suggestion of the "coming soon killer app" that would start the process, or the "waiting till Christmas" suggestion - but both did not hold water. Especially with the news of the Samsung/HTC AR/VR system in the wings, and the price drop expected on the Focus. Possibly OVR is waiting on their own major price drop to make the OGO a "must have" entry level VR system?

The same could be said of the Rift too regarding marketing, although wasn't there a Rift advert at the Super Bowl or something?

Generally though the marketing for VR devices has been pretty minimal, even for PSVR.