cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typing here or leaving recorded voice messages and replies?

Saffieyah
Expert Protege
If there was a system or a way we could leave messages to our forum peeps then that would have been great. Its nice to hear someone's voive rather than type away.  It also means that voice messages can interpret replies in a genuine manner so that we know if someone is kidding around or being serious about their comments and messages. 
Be moral, be ethical and live life to the maximum. 
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me personally if I want to communicate in voices, I go out into the real world - which is a neat thing to do at times.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

dburne said:

Me personally if I want to communicate in voices, I go out into the real world - which is a neat thing to do at times.

The real world no longer exist after the war with the machines.
I for one would rathet remain in blessful ignorance.
WAAAGH!

Richooal
Consultant

Saffieyah said:

If there was a system or a way we could leave messages to our forum peeps then that would have been great. Its nice to hear someone's voive rather than type away.  It also means that voice messages can interpret replies in a genuine manner so that we know if someone is kidding around or being serious about their comments and messages. 

You may be right. Your voice is very calm and relaxing Priyah.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Ironic a bot asking about why folks do not use their real pictures on their profiles has a catfishing pic on its account.
WAAAGH!

falken76
Expert Consultant
Forums are fine the way they are.  They've worked just fine since the days of the BBS, there's no need to add voice communication into this, that would be a terrible idea.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can voice chat with people on your Oculus Friends List through the Party feature in the Oculus Home app (or at least, actual people can).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

Morgrum said:

Ironic a bot asking about why folks do not use their real pictures on their profiles has a catfishing pic on its account.

This is interesting - the bot is actually making a statement other
"bots" have been making on other forums! The more I look at this
poster, the more I think I am looking at a "logic Bot" - or someone typing
others' information! Be interesting to see how the moderators handle
this one.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

falken76
Expert Consultant
Is the OP a known bot or something?  What's all this talk of bots about?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

falken76 said:

Is the OP a known bot or something?  What's all this talk of bots about?

Either she's related to @Log_a_Frog (is that a Lillipad in her hair?) or yes, she's a bot that has a very similar pattern to at least 2 other bot accounts and possibly 1 other notorious perma-ban recipient.

I was leaning towards one of the bot accounts at first, but when she posted on my Wall I got extra suspicious lol