cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

nrosko
Superstar

Zenbane said:

nrosko said:
I'm championing his right to have an opposing opinion without being attacked, of course you are forever obtuse. 

Yet you started your participation in this thread with an attack and have continued to make personal attacks in worse ways than Atmos was ever attacked. The irony of you using the word "obtuse" is one of the many things lost on you in this conversation.

It's a bit crazy that you frown upon Oculus 'bias' on an Oculus forum yet you chearlead so hard for Vive Bias on the same forum. The fact that you're chearleading Atmos despite you fundamentally disagree with his position in this debate is an added bonus.
😄

I think you have actually lost the plot. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

"Leave Atmos alone!!"
-nrosko

LZ won't be happy when he comes back and sees what a mess we've made of his thread... & I'm not tidying the place up

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm happy to move on. I let Atmos have the las word on the issue, but it seems nrosko is on a mission lol

nrosko
Superstar

Zenbane said:

I'm happy to move on. I let Atmos have the las word on the issue, but it seems nrosko is on a mission lol

I'm on a mission? sure i'm the one posting 24/7. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nrosko said:

Zenbane said:

I'm on a mission? sure i'm the one posting 24/7. 

You seem to be keeping up just fine. You are also more obsessed with a personal vendetta instead of the topic. Once we both agreed that Atmos' use of Amazon as a sales indicator is false, and also that Atmos' notion that GO sales are relative to Oculus sales is equally false... there was no reason for you and I to continue with any debate.

You've instead chosen to make things person with namecalling (calling me "Zenbot" and "obtuse") all for what seems a very obvious mission.

You are ill-equipped for the task, and I'm not going to allow you to bait me too far down the rabbit hole. But feel free to continue with the pointless postings.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
And notice how in this thread @nrosko is trying to defend a persons right to provide contradictory views even if it involves non-factual data, yet in the ForestVR Thread, he is making personally charged comments at me simply because I'm sharing factual feedback from real people about a game that he has a strong bias towards:

Good job on staying true to your beliefs
😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Atmos73 said:

No, no, no. I posted rankings, he posted rankings. The difference is I specified if you know rough sales figures of one you can relatively fill in the blanks for the others. If Vive sells 42,000 a month and GO ranks the same. You can be pretty sure as far as Amazon is concerned GO is selling roughly 42,000 too. GO couldn’t possibly be selling 3 or 4 times as many.

But I actually couldn’t care less if you dismiss my theory or not. Lets wait for F8 2019 for some real sales figures.

Except you are not dealing with multi skues and been call out on that many times now. Oculus has many skus with in the Amazon ranking. Yet you you don't comment that into your results and only show the top skus for it all side stepping the other data there. You also don't say it is part of the US sales only and again state it like that is the only viewpoint. A viewpoint is nice, but totally nothing we can state as fact until we look at a total bigger picture aka multi view point. Until we get numbers from Oculus or some how we can compare what the different two stores generate in income one viewpoint can't rule them all.

To be honest - the number of units out there has no real meaning. It all comes down to the bottom line - how much are they making in income from their stores. We will never get that number for a while - but it is something we need to keep in mind when talking about unit sells. On the other hand - the more units out there the better/well known you are in the world and that can still translate into how much business both in the high and low end you do. But point viewpoint can't be used to tell how well that is doing until you get multi view points ( one from the source and one from a third party ).

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

This whole thread is based on nothing and pointless. I’m not wasting any more time on it.

When I read this I had to scroll up to see if I had accidentally clicked on the Pimax 8K Megathread. Nice trick!

Atmos73 said:

Wait for Oculus, wait for Facebook, wait for eternity. It’s sunny outside. I’m out.

So you're going to go outside to keep waiting for Knuckles and Pimax? Seems like it's been an eternity already.

Anyway, this is like the 3rd time you've said you are "out" in this thread. We may need to have a discussion on how being "out" works. Enjoy the sun. Don't stand in it too long, it's not Pimax 8K and Knuckles day.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

Besides people keep baiting me

I know the feeling 😉

Enjoy the new speakers.