cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to record audio along side video?

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
Hello guys I was wondering if there's is a way to record audio while recording gameplay using the build in record feature. 
10 REPLIES 10

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I believe plugging in headphones works. someone said it is to prevent feedback from mic. I havent tested.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege

I believe plugging in headphones works. someone said it is to prevent feedback from mic. I havent tested.

Thanks I'll try that out tonight when I get home I'll be back to update you guys.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
No plugging in headphones does nothing. You have to record audio seperately on a pc and sync it up with an editor or stream it to facebook with the mic off and deal with the low resolution video.

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege

No plugging in headphones does nothing. You have to record audio seperately on a pc and sync it up with an editor or stream it to facebook with the mic off and deal with the low resolution video.

Thank you so you tried it already plugging in the head phones I guess we have to find a way around this and hope they add the ability to record audio as well in a update for the system

thyechean
Explorer
If you don’t mind video quality can try live stream. Audio works.

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege

thyechean said:

If you don’t mind video quality can try live stream. Audio works.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep that in mind. I started using vysor to stream video to PC just need to figure out how the wireless option works right after disconnecting the USB cable it stops

chettawan
Expert Protege
Last night I record a video playing Wands for post on my Facebook Oculus community page but... none of my voice recorded.

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege

chettawan said:

Last night I record a video playing Wands for post on my Facebook Oculus community page but... none of my voice recorded.

This is a know thing and they really need to get this solve I hate how you go on to record a video to upload somewhere else. After you go and check the file no sound at all not even game sound. This is a problem but I think it can be solve easily. 

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
In case any body is wondering this question as well I got it solve by recording the video on the oculus go and using el gato chatlink cable to be able to use a set of headphones with mic for multiplayer games and connecting the other end of the chatlink cable to the line in on the PC. That way I get the audio ir you guys can use an audio recorder with line in as well