Roll Call! - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Roll Call!

Comments

• Chump_ChangeChump_Change Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Rift + Touch baby!!

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,624 Valuable Player
    AQfumes said:
    Awesome. I always wanted to be special. 

My Mum says I'm special. I went to a Special School and everything.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    I don't fit the description, because I have one broken rift and two pairs of touch controllers.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,855 Volunteer Moderator
    Ahhh you fit nicely mate, it may be broke but you still have one :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    Techy111 said:
    Ahhh you fit nicely mate, it may be broke but you still have one :)
    Nah... A rift without one side of audio does not count as one. More like 0.943768 of a Rift. And that's what I am gonna tell people in the future!
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:

Thanks for making this happen, Brixmis!
    Well I think we have to thank Cyber for making it reality.

Arf!

I see what you did there !!!
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Orodreth16Orodreth16 Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2018
    Just wanted to say hi. 
    So ... Hi!   :)

P.S.: Go Rift (& Touch) !
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 671
    Neo
    I'm not here.
    Who said that?!  :p  

FWIW I think a Rift+Touch sub-forum will be great once it takes off, like some others I have read through and made a comment (which I then had to delete and admit my error) on a non-rift post having missed the 'Go' label.

Well done @cybereality !
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 209
    Nexus 6
    Yorkshire UK, Rift + Touch + 2 x Sensors here!

Been interested in VR for years ever since i had a go at a demo stand about 15 years ago! 
    I was finally able to afford it and jump on the train last year!  B)

It's good to have a dedicated Rift section too, as the General section seems to be getting inundated with Go comments/questions recently
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
    @ElusiveMarlin has just reminded me that we need another sub-forum too. Rift + Touch 2 Sensors and Rift + Touch 3 sensors.

If you're going to do these things you might as well do them right lol :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

So we also need a refurb OR sub forum. A broken OR but still working sub forum. A privacy with no hidden agenda sub forum. Anything else ???

I think that should cover everything but I would love a Snowdog And @vannagirl Lurve Sub-Forum which should be members-only. :love:

• polstaxpolstax Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Flipping flips!
    I´ll see you in the bar to celebrate!!!
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    Peek-a-boo!  Didn't notice this.    :)
  • PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 240
    Nexus 6
    two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
    PIXELATED said:
    two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please

I'm very very thirsty! B)

I loved that song back in the day :)

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    Somehow, I can easily believe that!

edit: "Simon Templar, Simon Templar,Simon Templar, Si-imon!" :D

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,244 Volunteer Moderator
    While Go is cool, I consider Go and GearVR to be secondary later systems with the desktop rifts as the true oculus VR platform. So to me, all boards and posts default to being about the Rift unless specified otherwise and the lesser models get separate boards.

But with the Go's popularity I guess it makes sense now.

Then again, I don't see separate boards. I only view the forum using the community link, so I see all of the posts regardless of board. Having a rift board makes zero difference to what I see.  :)

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,948 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    kojack said:
    While Go is cool, I consider Go and GearVR to be secondary later systems with the desktop rifts as the true oculus VR platform. So to me, all boards and posts default to being about the Rift unless specified otherwise and the lesser models get separate boards.

I'd agree if there was a bit more control of the General Forum. However, due to it's open nature, anytime a Rift post is made that puts thing in a positive light, any non-Oculus consumers take it as a slight.

Now positive Rift information can be posted on a Rift forum without non-Rift owners on the General Forum feeling jaded or attacked. That's a win-win.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,244 Volunteer Moderator
    When I'm reverse engineering game file formats, yes. :)

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    @ElusiveMarlin has just reminded me that we need another sub-forum too. Rift + Touch 2 Sensors and Rift + Touch 3 sensors.

What about us 4 sensor |_|B3R 1337 users?

Also, just testing... @A@Atmos73
    Are you here???
    What about @k@kevinw729

Not sure what the wierd first letter business is there but w/e
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,948 Valuable Player
    ffs elboffor

I hope you stick around long enough to clean up your mess, sir! 
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 578
    Neo
    edited May 2018
    Cool, didn't even see this new forum at first.
    Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,869 Valuable Player
    elboffor said:
    snowdog said:

What about us 4 sensor |_|B3R 1337 users?

Also, just testing... @A@Atmos73
    Are you here???
    What about @k@kevinw729

Not sure what the wierd first letter business is there but w/e
    NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit. They are now YOUR responsibility from now on. LOL

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,755 Valuable Player

Zenbane said:
    ffs elboffor

I hope you stick around long enough to clean up your mess, sir! 
    agreed

Digikid1 said:
    NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit. They are now YOUR responsibility from now on. LOL

and again
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
  • EvogaEvoga Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Here. And I am patiently waiting for Santa Cruz and CV2 as they will be pay one purchases for me.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,754 Volunteer Moderator
    Count me in!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)