My oculus rift is screwed.. - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My oculus rift is screwed..

2»

Comments

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    edited May 2018
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something but really makes no sense and I am the one usually seeing both sides of an argument around here xD Wireless is even dumb because of all the problems that is going to cause as well - you are replacing a simple design for a even more complex design that is going to have more problems over all than what a cable has. Like are you nuts? Wireless wears out faster than a cable will in the long run of things to addition to that extra cost. Do you even know how wireless works?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,103
    Wintermute
    Cost and retail are 2 different things. Yes maths is hard to Sunshines.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,877 Valuable Player
    Cost directly impacts retail.

Common sense.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Wintermute
    We are not talking retail for the company Sunshine. In the long term cables will add up and up and so too does postage and time for Support to diagnose. Are you really that dumb I do wonder.
    edited May 2018
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    We are not talking retail for the company Sunshine. In the long term cables will add up and up and so too does postage and time for Support to diagnose. Are you really that dumb I do wonder.

You just complained about "postage" and applied it to the concept of Retail, and you dare question the intelligence of others? LOL

The part that you continuously miss, which Mradr tried to explain to you, is that take whatever concerns you have (including something as trivial as 'postage') and they multiply when you add complexity such as a wireless component.
    Wintermute
    It's ok for Sunshine, his Rift is the last one to stop working. He does not need to understand Warranties involving Support staff time, sending in Rifts first as a double check, sending out replacements, or just sending out replacement cables. Then doing all of this 6 to 12 months later and so on as the Warranty continues to replacement parts. Due to the design flaw it ultimately is more cost effective to cut that all out and be wireless from the start. Just obvious.
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    It's ok for Sunshine, his Rift is the last one to stop working. He does not need to understand Warranties involving Support staff time, sending in Rifts first as a double check, sending out replacements, or just sending out replacement cables. Then doing all of this 6 to 12 months later and so on as the Warranty continues to replacement parts. Due to the design flaw it ultimately is more cost effective to cut that all out and be wireless from the start. Just obvious.

Since you still aren't getting it, I'll quote it again:

Mradr said:
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something but really makes no sense and I am the one usually seeing both sides of an argument around here xD Wireless is even dumb because of all the problems that is going to cause as well - you are replacing a simple design for a even more complex design that is going to have more problems over all than what a cable has. Like are you nuts? Wireless wears out faster than a cable will in the long run of things to addition to that extra cost. Do you even know how wireless works?

Your suggestion makes things worse, not better, Mac_Man.

You really need to take a step back with how you approach conversation on this forum. You are intent on making really bad arguments and then trying to spam your way out of it.
    Wintermute
    That's a threat!
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    That's a threat!
    [img

• geebee666geebee666 Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2018
    @mac_man86, I think you maybe missing the fact that the warranty is from when you originally purchased the Rift, getting a replacement cable does not extend the warranty and 12 months from the original purchase it is no longer under warranty.
    So 1 cable as opposed to a very expensive Wifi system that has issue to start with, and is not part of Oculus's parts chain it is fairly obvious why they supply a cable.
    Wintermute
    No, if the cable they send out fails they would replace that too. Oculus are very keen to help all the way so you can access the Store again as a valued customer.
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    No, if the cable they send out fails they would replace that too

But the original warranty is never extended after they send out the new cable. Even if the replacement fails. It all happens under the original warranty. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp.
    Wintermute
    Sunshine you are not Oculus. They are a good company which does look after any customer. I just received my new cable. It was out of W by over a year. I am also a second hand buyer. They do oblige because we are good customers too.
    Oculus is definitely known to give free handouts for those in need.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,591 Valuable Player
    Dear Oculus, I absolutely need a free Rift, a new PC and those hundred games because I didn't win any of those recent draws.

Many thanks in advance,
    snowdog
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,811 Volunteer Moderator
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Sunshine you are not Oculus. They are a good company which does look after any customer. I just received my new cable. It was out of W by over a year. I am also a second hand buyer. They do oblige because we are good customers too.
    Woah woah woah hold the galloping horses one little second !!!! Oculus are a good company in this thread but an evil underhand company in another ??? What gives here ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Wintermute
    Just keeping Zuckers on the path to righteousness surely.
    Strike one for blatant flaming good sir. Or if you prefer a wicket ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Wintermute
    Nah these are mere discussions.
    Keep on discussing as you are and it'll be strike 2.  Blatant flaming will not be tolerated fella.

Wintermute
    What was the flame? I have been constantly stalked is all I see.
    edited May 2018
    Stalked ? Really ? You keep stating laws and how offended you are by privacy. You are either a super troll or you really don't understand what you're talking about. Flaming is inciting others in a thread with your posts. Yet in another thread you say Oculus are a great company. I don't like blatant flaming and I know many others don't. You know you're doing it and I've given you a nudge to say stop. Understand ?

MAC_MAN86 said:
    What was the flame? I have been constantly stalked is all I see.

Then you don't understand what "stalking" entails. You are actively posting things publicly, on a public forum, and getting public replies, by members of said public forum. That is the literal opposite of stalking.

Just take a step back for a bit. I'm sure everyone could use some "cool off" time.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 667
    Neo
    snowdog said:
    Dear Oculus, I absolutely need a free Rift, a new PC and those hundred games because I didn't win any of those recent draws.

Many thanks in advance,
    snowdog
    ^^^ I'll have what he's asked for and a new Audi R8 please (as long as it isn't red...)

(Got to set your sights higher @snowdog ; >:) )
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    RattyUK said:
    snowdog said:

Many thanks in advance,
    snowdog
    ^^^ I'll have what he's asked for and a new Audi R8 please (as long as it isn't red...)

(Got to set your sights higher @snowdog ; >:)
    I'll have the Audi R8 in case it is red. Thank you Oculus!
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,067
    3Jane
    edited June 2018
    RattyUK said:
    snowdog said:

Many thanks in advance,
    snowdog

(Got to set your sights higher @snowdog ; >:)
    I'll have the Audi R8 in case it is red. Thank you Oculus!
    TO  :  Oculus Security.
    CC  :  Snowdog,  RattyUK,  BrokenSymmetry et al.

Please throw these beggars a sausage and tell them to f*ck off
    Sincerely  
    MZ    :s