cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift HDMI is Not Being Detected on Win10 x64

Astyrrean
Explorer
[EDIT: I TRIED AN HDMI->DISPLAYPORT ADAPTOR AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. THIS IS THE ONE I GOT: http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort-Adapter/dp/B00K0UDYLM. NOTE "HDMI NOT DETECTED" PROBLEM PERSISTS IF JUST USING HDMI]

Howdy all

I am a happy owner of a new CV1

I, too, have come across the error (Rift HDMI is Not Being Detected).

The funny thing is that reinstalling Nvidia drivers (365.19) fixes the issue for me - until I put the PC to sleep again or reboot. After that, again no HDMI detected. If I reinstall drivers, the HMD is again detected over HDMI and everything works wonders.

What gives?

This is with a Skylake-based EVGA 980 SC (SLI, but with SLI disabled) system running Windows 10.

Best,

Astyrrean

DXDiag attached / PCPartPicker view here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FNWZYJ

PS
My main display is connected via DisplayPort and nothing is connected to the motherboard's HDMI input. Both the Rift and the main display are connected to the primary GPU (as SLI is disabled, the secondary GPU is effectively offline).

79 REPLIES 79

AN1MEN1AC
Honored Guest

KillCard said:

MonkehNZ said:

ricvilla said:

Since this is the first entry that is listed when searching for this issue, I want to add that I was able to fix this problem by reseating the HDMI connector on the headset. This is for the Consumer Ready version of the Rift. Following a suggestion from Oculus support, I used the instructions here: https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1114691701909297 . Problem solved!

Hey there, how exactly did you remove/insert the HDMI cable? My cable terminates at the headset itself once the foam insert is removed. Does yours actually have a plug there?

You have to pull off the face-cushion foam ring thing. It disconnects like a lego piece, dont pull it by the foam though .. pull the plastic part that connects to the top of the visor.

This worked for me. Brand spanking new PC with my 1080ti transferred to the new pc (rift worked with it on old pc) and no HDMI and USB detected. Pull out and replug the hdmi cable into the headset itself and Bloopitty Boop! Recognized!

RavenBlueFeathe
Protege
same has just started with me.... none of these fixes are working

swifterdrifter
Honored Guest
Same. I have tried everything and nothing works.

fjlmal
Protege
Does yours are recognized on the USB port ? Mine for some reason stopped to be recognized both in the HDMI and in USB after the firmware update and the support was not of much helpful =/ 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shutdown, Remove all Oculus Cables, Boot up and open Home, Shutdown, Connect ONLY Headset HDMI, Boot up and open Home, Look at top right and check for any Firmware to Install first OR it tells you to run SETUP here, enter SETUP, ONLY Plugin now the USB Devices when it asks you to, complete the SETUP.

If this fails and it is not your Cable being plugged firmly into the Headset then possibly is a kinked cable around the headset clip (a bad design flaw). Try routing the cable above your head strap to the right side and clip on there allowing more slack and point it down your back. Then you may need to lightly straighten the bends and allow more slack above your head and see if you can get a picture by slight pressure on the kinks. If you see it going on/off then here is the problem and need to contact Support for a replacement cable. Send in a video of this to not require sending off your Rift for a 3weeks and get back a refurbished one whilst they check yours.

I must say my issues (resolved by new cable) only appeared when I started using BOXVR. This game requires you to duck repeatedly very fast. It causes major wear & tear on the kinked cable area!

If it is not your cable (possibly swap with someone else's which is working on theirs both ways around to each other) then it maybe a fault in the Adapter OR may require a complete new Fresh Installation (not the Upgrade Install) by deleting the System Partition and OS and creating new. WIN10 creates a new bigger System Partition for the MBR.

ohcenz51lo78.jpgu4k5ratibkj3.jpg

fjlmal
Protege
Hey @MAC_MAN86, thank you very much for your help 🙂 Sadly it hasn't worked for me 😕  I believe I had a hardware issue due the new firmware, because exactly before its installation it was working ok ( I mean minutes after) The moment I had successfully installed the firmware I receive a error 43 on device manager saying that it connot being detected =/ . And I was indeed having problem with boxvr, but it started with the hands freezing on one fixed position but it could still track rotation of the hands and the tracking of the headset was perfect. As the hands were sent rotation data it means that it was some software issue, because digital data was being received but somehow not being processed in a proper manner. If I fixed this problem I will use your ideia and fix the cable around the right clip.

Thanks very much 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is one other thing worth considering. If you ever experience a Crash on a PC with SSD/HDD, this is potentially a near future problem in that any corrupt files are not fixed like they were on older standard drives. If you get issues that prevent any System Restore to complete and yet it seems to have worked regardless, this can then go on to become System Restore failures and ultimately may lead to lost MBR to enable any boot up nor chance of fixing it even with BOOTREC when booted from another drive. They are not quite as robust in recovery and we don't see corrupt files in CHKDSK. Just to keep in mind.
BOXVR (it is still BETA) did cause a hard crash for me after not reading my mp3 files. It is a very intense workout for the cables 😉

fjlmal
Protege
I think I will buy a new cable first, if it does not work I probably will buy a HTC(bye bye money). Boxvr was being like a very cool way to loose some serious calories 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try Oculus Support in or out of Warranty. This will open a Ticket: support@oculusvr.com

fjlmal
Protege
@MAC_MAN86 they kinda gave up on helping me as they told me to contact the seller to a possible raplacement. Sadly I have no much options