cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

JuniusLee
Honored Guest
I feel like a number of you are new to the internet.

All you have to do is ignore the trolls and hope they don't go away. As they continue to attempt to derail your conversation, you continue to ignore them. This builds anxiety in their bored little heads. Eventually, you've ruined their day, while having maintained your discussion.

I'm certain you'll have another opportunity to practice, soon.  😉

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I think the GO needs a little more time in the market (six months). First week sales estimates are good for software (like video games) or established consumer devices (like new phones) but VR hardware is a very different market. Slow VR adoption reminds me of the tortoise and the hare parable. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer
In the spirit of the first post on this thread the oculus app on android has now surpassed 100k:

sc5soac9qhcr.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Oculus Go sold out in China in 3 minutes when it was released over there today.

They only had 30,000 units available though which is pretty low imo. They should have had at least 50,000 available for today's launch. Having the Mi Store over there is going to be HUGE, this thing is going to sell a SHITLOAD over there.

LZoltowski
Champion
Now at 100,000 installs, this is Android only and not counting iPhone

Not bad for a month of sales

ked9yxch0vva.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Welcome back. Everything was fine whilst you were away!

Also, for those interested, here are the pertinent ranges:

• 50,000 - 100,000
  • 100,000 - 500,000
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000
  • 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
  • 5,000,000+

So we won't see that Android download range change again until GO surpasses 500,000 downloads.

LZoltowski
Champion
Cheers! Good to be back 🙂 ...

My GO was AMAZEBALLS on the plane ... interesting side note, during turbulence, the world inside of the GO was surprisingly stable and smooth, it was quite relaxing and helped with the flying stress, the flight went by so quickly with the thing on, had a small power bank with me so the thing lasted 5 hours without an issue.

The flight crew got annoyed with me as they kept wanting to get my attention to ask IF I wanted food or drink lol although they were quite curious of what it was, so I obliged one with a demo, they loved it. 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

The Oculus Go sold out in China in 3 minutes when it was released over there today.

They only had 30,000 units available though which is pretty low imo. They should have had at least 50,000 available for today's launch. Having the Mi Store over there is going to be HUGE, this thing is going to sell a SHITLOAD over there.

You are right, that is an incredibly low number on a supported consumer release - as if it was done just to be able to have the headlines "Sold Out In 3-Minutes"!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

My GO was AMAZEBALLS on the plane ... interesting side note, during turbulence, the world inside of the GO was surprisingly stable and smooth, it was quite relaxing and helped with the flying stress, the flight went by so quickly with the thing on, had a small power bank with me so the thing lasted 5 hours without an issue.

Welcome back - glad things went well (did you visit that bar?)

Yes the whole "de-stressing" with a HMD on is a thing we noticed on
the VR Coaster projects - people who would be anxious of rollercoasters
actually find the GearVR experience relaxing compared to the normal ride,
(digital blindfold).

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

AQfumes
Adventurer

The flight crew got annoyed with me as they kept wanting to get my attention to ask IF I wanted food or drink lol although they were quite curious of what it was, so I obliged one with a demo, they loved it. 

That's awesome hearing about your experience with the Go on a flight. I'm looking forward to using mine on a flight later this summer, and I didn't even think about not having the crew's attention. I'll need to keep a head's up for that sort of thing. Also I felt a little foolish paying extra for a window seat, when I'll probably have my Go on for 90% of the trip. Maybe I can see about getting DCS working on my Go before then.  😄