New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Arktika.1 scale fix

idk31idk31 Posts: 8
NerveGear
Just wanted to point out something I made that can improve Arktika.1 for a lot of players. It reduces the world size and lets you set your height from the floor for seated play. There's also now a crouch button to pick up fallen weapons from the floor easier. And because I wanted it, a fast forward button and 2 slow-motion settings for bullet-time play. It's like you're playing Super Hot. Oh and a freecam because I like to look at everything up close. It's not quite free roam, but close. It's too easy to miss everything hopping around the teleport nodes.

MOD LINK

So, what you do is start the game and this exe. Press spacebar to activate the mod then press the indicated controls for what you want to do. Scale is automatically reduced to 85%. No more huge hands or crazy world scale!

Comments

• idk31idk31 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    If you're worried about this strange EXE file, here's a post on Reddit where some people have had success. There's also another version of the mod as a Cheat Engine script so you know exactly what you're getting.
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2018
    Definitely going to give it a try. I'll post back soon

Edit:
    Follow the instructions and tried it multiple times but absolutely nothing happens
    NerveGear
    Definitely going to give it a try. I'll post back soon

Edit:
    Follow the instructions and tried it multiple times but absolutely nothing happens
    Really? Dang. Both programs open and spacebar pressed? Did the "??" change to 0.85? 
  • RavengerRavenger Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    This worked great for me, thanks!. I wish the developer would take this on board. 85% scale seems to be perfect.
  • Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2018
    When I start the game and then go back to the desktop and have the game lowered and start your mod, I press the spacebar and the "spacebar" and "Activate Mod" light's up green for a second but the ?? doesn't change at all
  • MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow! I'm getting back into Arktika.1 these days, finishing the game which I bought last year, and I just found this! This is great work (if it works), I've been hoping for someone to find a scale fix. I will report back after testing this.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,782 Valuable Player
    I never finished this game. I started playing again. I'll try this fix.
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    Hiro Protagonist
    This is freaking AWESOME! It just works! And it is a perfect fix for the glaring scaling problem! I can't believe that you got this to work. HOW did you do it?

I was starting to get used to the big scale when playing longer, but today, after playing at 85% for half a mission and switching back and forth between that and 100%, I started to notice how immensely big everything is at the game's native scale. Like, once you see the proper scale for a few minutes, it becomes all the more apparent how huge the game looks normally.

I eventually settled at 80% which seems to perfectly match the size of my hands, the floor height, and the scale of furniture to my real world perception.

THANK YOU for making this patch/mod/trainer, and if you'd like to explain how you did it I'd be all ears, having made patches myself in the past.

By the way, here is my small contribution (again, from last year) to the Arktika.1 fans; might as well link it here so we all can get the best experience out of this game.
    NerveGear
    THANK YOU for making this patch/mod/trainer, and if you'd like to explain how you did it I'd be all ears, having made patches myself in the past.
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it worked for you!
    This mod works by changing the IPD setting and position scaling. It took 3 weeks to figure out what, where, how in Cheat Engine. I didn't know what I was looking for. I tried several things like measuring the pixel distance between the left and right camera. Seeing if I could change it. Eventually, I hit on the answer with a variation of my IPD--63mm. I discovered two values stored as half my IPD in meters. In my case, plus and minus 0.0315. Changing them changed the perceived world size, but I would no longer move 1 to 1 with the game world. With much trial and error I found three 1s together that made up XYZ position scale. I found a formula to scale this number with the IPD I was telling it that felt natural. I used knowledge from my freecam making (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682947327) to create the necessary Cheat Engine script and then pack it into a trainer. 

I'll take a look at your config settings to clear up the blur. Now, it'll be perfect =)
    Hiro Protagonist
    Incredible, you started with 2D pixel comparison? That's so cool, I thought you were hacking the game directly through Cheat Engine. (Well, you did... for the positional stuff.) This is absolutely fantastic, especially considering how perfect the result is. It feels like a patch by the developers. You turn it on and it just works. Unbelievable.

Thanks for the explainer. I'm already looking forward to playing more Arktika later!
    NerveGear
    MowTin said:
    I never finished this game. I started playing again. I'll try this fix.
    Any luck?
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    I'll have to reinstall this game and try this, thanks for tip guys.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • Benji1985Benji1985 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Just wanted to say thanks to op for this mod works great
  • expirexpir Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Oh... thanks you. it did not allow me to enjoy the game, but now I can go through it. I'm happy.