cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI Release 1.27 Rolling Out to Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.27 is beginning to rolling out now to the Public Test Channel. We've updated the Oculus desktop app with search improvements and a new results page, and added some new features for Library management. There's also a new uncommon item in Home that supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community... See something you like or have a new feature idea? Share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and as always, please report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Updates to search, including experimentation of a new results page to browse, sort, and filter results.
    • Improved Library management with new options for sorting and filtering. We've also updated hiding functionality so it's now persistent across the desktop app.
    • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Dash:
      • New overlay UI shows the distance and scale of Dash panels as you position them with the thumbstick.
      • Added various stability improvements.
    • Home:
      • There's an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
32 REPLIES 32

Richooal
Consultant

Thmoas said:

I never wander around OH and don't care.

Same here. I have a real home to walk around. All I need from Oculus is a functional place to arrange and launch my VR apps. It should use as few resources as possible.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I would agree with the above and yet no way to  launch Steam games with options in home yet without editing json files.

RattyUK
Trustee

I would agree with the above and yet no way to  launch Steam games with options in home yet without editing json files.

Once I have launched a game from Steam (from the games menu, not from Steam Home) it appears on my Library in Oculus and will launch from there, does this not happen for you?  Maybe I am lucky as I have yet to experience the pleasure of editing a .json file 🙂

Mind you, I'm not sure what you mean by 'with options' so guess this may be outside of how I use Oculus library.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege

RattyUK said:

Once I have launched a game from Steam (from the games menu, not from Steam Home) it appears on my Library in Oculus and will launch from there, does this not happen for you?  Maybe I am lucky as I have yet to experience the pleasure of editing a .json file 🙂

Mind you, I'm not sure what you mean by 'with options' so guess this may be outside of how I use Oculus library.

not every time, I did all json and icons manually by myself to have all my steam games in oculus menu.

Also when you play a steam game, your friends don't know you're playing they only see you online.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

RattyUK said:

not every time, I did all json and icons manually by myself to have all my steam games in oculus menu.

Also when you play a steam game, your friends don't know you're playing they only see you online.

An example of steam game with options would be Project Cars 2 it works with Desktop,Rift, and Vive. This displays the icon in Oculus home but will not launch from Oculus home without editing json files.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Huh, not sure if it's due to 1.27, but I just noticed that can't see my friends list. When I click on my profile in the Oculus app it says I have 200 friends, but where the list should be, it just says Add Friends. If I search for someone on my friends list, I can't add them because it says that we are already friends.

Tried restarting the Oculus service, but it didn't change anything. I'm going to try opting out of the PTC to see if that fixes it.

Edit: nope, rolling back to 1.26 didn’t fix it. Must be something other than 1.27 causing it. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's cos you don't have any friends. Everybody hates you. 😛 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The friends list problem must be an Oculus server issue. I was going to try repairing my installation, but them I thought to check my Go app, and it's not seeing my friends list either.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any one else noticed Home Stuttering / shuddering when using Dash especially when using youtube etc. ?
I have posted on Reddit as well and it seems some others are having a similar issue to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed ever since being updated to 1.27 when I put on headset and Oculus Home launches, whilst it is loading I have two small concentric circles of white light in the left hand side of the headset beaming back toward the left hand side of me.

Once Home is launched that goes away and all is normal.

Anyone else seeing this while Home is launching in 1.27??