Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought we should have one of these.

Who do you think is going to win..?

England of course, you crazy fools 😮 😄
320 REPLIES 320

LZoltowski
Champion

@LZoltowski & @kevinw729, I'm going to take you both to next season's Millwall - Aston Villa game and sit you at the Millwall end... in Aston Villa scarves.

My treat.

happy good news GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a mate that used to do work the security at Millwall. He had to leave the job because he lost it when a nutter slashed a woman's face with a razor blade in a credit card, aiming for her eye. He grabbed him, poked his eye out and tried bursting the eyeball with punches 😮

Bloke was a complete psychopath, and I'm not using that as a figure of speech. He pretty much fits the psychiatric definition. He had to leave the country because he was working on the door in a bar and several of the bouncers basically made a problem customer brain dead. The ironic thing is that he didn't do anything (for once!). He's living in Australia now. He started doing security over there and the police love him to bits - the crime rate dropped once he started beating the shite out of people lol 😄 😄 😄

I don't go to games... just view from the safe distance of my armchair. Last game I went to was several years ago... Derby County - Liverpool. My mum's a Liverpool fan so we thought it would be a fun day out for her!

We sat at the visitors end with our flask of tea and biscuits. There were a few Derby supporters dotted around & one was a couple rows in front of us and got very VERY angry every time a cheer went up for Liverpool, I don't think I've ever seen anyone get that angry before or since. Another lady Derby supporter had to calm him down, I was convinced he was going to wade into us. Funny thing was the bloke next to me was just laughing at him.

Been to a couple US baseball games and you can take your toddlers there without worrying. Well I don't have any so I'd have to take someone else's.

LZoltowski
Champion
In all seriousness, I could never get into football, but I dont knock it, as a sport I like to run, do archery, row, and watch any kind of racing ...

I do like to watch rugby tho .... mind you I am not sure if the sport part is my motivation here.  😄

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

I like a good international Rugby Union game, not keen on League though. I like the old days with proper shirts, not the tight-fit things. Although that probably reflects my preferences there!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I like a damn good Netball match. My missus loves live Netball on Sky mix and I always say I don't mind watching with her  😄 i think she still hasn't twigged that I barely watch the ball going in the net lmao
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been to a game for around 17 years or so, I used to know an Old Trafford season ticket holder who used to lend me his season ticket when he couldn't make it to a match. I've lost touch with him now unfortunately. Even if I'm up to leaving my flat I don't do so well in crowds these days because of my anxiety.

I'm waiting for regular appointments with a shrink at the local Loony Bin so hopefully I'll be coping with leaving the flat better after a while.

I still won't be able to see United though because it's a nightmare getting tickets, but I might start watching the yoof and U23 sides play again, I did that a few years back every now and then.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Currently watching U20 World Cup rugby - great action - faster than regular because they are younger (and smaller) and can run like shit off a shovel.

Plus England are thrashing everyone so far 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Well I just scored a hat-trick in the build up to the World Cup. I've been poster of the weeks for 3 weeks running. That might bring England some luck instead of using Uri Geller..

bizjer
Expert Protege

snowdog said:

The Argies are 10/1 with Paddy Power, might be worth an each-way bet I reckon. Portugal are 22/1 too. 😮

My usual bet. Have loved them ever since 86. The kit, the dirty play, the sublime genius of their football. I'll be supporting England though if they come up against them. Portugal wont have it in them. Brazil appear to be a lot better than 4 years ago but surely the Germans will have the best bet of taking it.