cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Along Together, an adorable Lucky's Tale style puzzle platformer for Oculus GO, GearVR and Rift

LZoltowski
Champion
I found this little gem yesterday, it's adorable and engaging, the puzzles get progressively intricate. It's a fantastic game on the GO, relaxing but also challenging.

It's on sale at the moment.

https://youtu.be/gbP3OmUdnrA

Highly recommended if you liked Lucky's Tale. 

Nice to see games for both GO and Rift coming out.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
30 REPLIES 30

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks cool.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks to be aimed at under 13yr olds and I thought that is now against the Rules.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Nice recommendation LZ,

Purchased and played the first few levels already. Love it! This is the same company that made one of my (secret) favorite VR games, Floor Plan. woohoo!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
to anyone who got last months humble monthly *** it had Yooka laylee in it which has a VR mod for it which may float your boat.

*** I was so close to getting it... gutted to be honest, Yooka laylee alone as the headline would have made me grab it, as it was I just decided to pass.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Looks fun.

Mac Man Ori and the blind forest was aimed at that age range also and that was one of the best stories, most challanging and visually enjoyable experiences ive had in the past four years.
Also sad as hell in the beginning...

I know you are talking for the eye sight but thats a cover your ass statement  by Oculus.

WAAAGH!

LZoltowski
Champion

Morgrum said:

Looks fun.

Mac Man Ori and the blind forest was aimed at that age range also and that was one of the best stories, most challanging and visually enjoyable experiences ive had in the past four years.
Also sad as hell in the beginning...

I know you are talking for the eye sight but thats a cover your ass statement  by Oculus.

Ori and the Blind forest was a masterpiece. I really enjoyed it.
Mario Cart is meant to be a kids game but loads of adults play it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I finally beat this today! This was a fun little puzzler The last level actually stumped me a bit.

My only recommendation would that the game could use a Boss Battle or two. I know it's a puzzler, but it plays like a Platformer. I was hoping for one or two puzzle-based battles. But overall this was very enjoyable.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Zenbane said:

I finally beat this today! This was a fun little puzzler The last level actually stumped me a bit.

My only recommendation would that the game could use a Boss Battle or two. I know it's a puzzler, but it plays like a Platformer. I was hoping for one or two puzzle-based battles. But overall this was very enjoyable.

This review published on Steam stopped me from purchasing the game:

"I think this game would be great for kids. However, I´d like to point out that it is not really a game for adults. I say this because, somehow, the game´s trailer makes it look as if it would be, showing scenes of a game that while simple, might be beautifully evocative. Well, it is not, it´s just a kid´s game. Also, the trailer makes it look as if the game would have beautiful graphics that an adult might appreciate besides the simplicity of the game. Well, it doesn´t, it´s just a kid´s game. It is not evocative, and it is not beautiful, as i.e. Lucky's Tale is. It´s not a bad game, for kids in fact is great, but I think the trailer is somehow misleading. Also, I think the promotional picture is also missleading, because while the main characters are beautifully made, the landscape is not. Textures and models are very simple and low quality, except for the main characters."

And you disagree with that review? To me it does look like a game I could run at a perfect 90 fps ss 2.0 like Lucky's Tale - and I'm a great fan of Lucky's Tale. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I beat Lucky's Tale, and to me it is just as much of a kid's game as Along Together. I mean that wholeheartedly. In fact, Lucky's Tale is the main game I used to demo when my friends/family would bring their kids over to visit. I'd put the adults in Technolust and The Manor, and the kids in Lucky's Tale.

I mean hell, the premise in the same in both games: A fox looking for his pig, a girl looking for her dog.

Plus, I'm not sure how many kids would enjoy trying to figure out puzzles all day long. Some puzzles are easy, but a lot of them are challenging for adults.

I would say that this game has a much more "childlike" element to it, so it's more for adults who are 'kids at heart.' But try putting a 9 year old in here and they are likely to get frustrated quick.