cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install the Oculus Setup and having issues installing it (SOLVED)

RaDrumba
Explorer
I've clean installed windows 10 pro. On an NVMe M.2 SSD and can't install the Oculus Rift setup. I'm stuck at installing and it give me an error with no error numbers. It won't let me install fully.

please help me.

I've done the Drivers updates, I've updated Windows, Installed USB Drivers, And even use the Oculus Rift Compatibly check and it said it would work.

Update

The Main reason why I couldn't install the Rift Software was one of my RAM Sticks went Bad I've removed it and I'm stuck with 8GB of ram now on my PC. So if you have a faulty ram stick it won't install. It was hardware related issues. 

So to fix check windows memory Diagnostic to see if your ram is faulty. If it is you have to replace it or get it repaired threw RMA Which I'm going to do later. 

lwq740undghj.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

RaDrumba
Explorer
It give me this error. I've restarted like three time nothing happens.

httpscdndiscordappcomattachments452246721972404234453612410268418052unknownpng

cybereality
Grand Champion
Using an M.2 drive shouldn't matter, but the formatting can. It needs to be a simple volume (not dynamic) and NTFS format. You also want about 30 - 40 GB free on the main drive (usually C) and 120 GB free on your game library drive. Also, try to temporarily disable anti-virus / security software.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RaDrumba
Explorer

Using an M.2 drive shouldn't matter, but the formatting can. It needs to be a simple volume (not dynamic) and NTFS format. You also want about 30 - 40 GB free on the main drive (usually C) and 120 GB free on your game library drive. Also, try to temporarily disable anti-virus / security software.

It's is Set as NTFS format. But the M.2 Is the OS so I can't format it. And I have also disable Anti-virus / security software. I only use windows Defender on my system. And I also ran as administrator. Nothing change. The Size of the M.2 is 512GB. The Partition style is set as GPT.

cybereality
Grand Champion
No sure actually, but it may have nothing to do with the SSD. Can you submit a ticket? https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tangcla
Explorer

RaDrumba said:
The Partition style is set as GPT.

GPT partitions are fine but the volumes need to be basic disk, not dynamic disk.

rinkumpllc
Protege
Hey There I'm getting the same issue and its been 2 straight week I've been trying to install but got no luck please come up with any solution possible.

RaDrumba
Explorer
It is set as Basic Disk. I don't know why it isn't working. My computer was clean installed. Because it was having Issues when I've cloned the drive and I've did a clean install because it was causing issues. I'm not having issue with installing other software, Just the Oculus Rift setup is having issue installing. After I've did a clean install of everything. And Reinstall drivers.

I'm running a WD Black M.2 NVMe 512GB SSD. From an Gigabyte 990fx gaming motherboard from an outdated board.

tangcla said:

RaDrumba said:
The Partition style is set as GPT.

GPT partitions are fine but the volumes need to be basic disk, not dynamic disk.

lbisrkheo8ns.png

RaDrumba
Explorer
Somehow the Install size show up at 5.12gb  instead of 9.31gb. It very weird.

RaDrumba
Explorer
Found out it was a faulty Ram Stick.