New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift Now Ahead Of Vive In Steam Survey

Comments

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,367 Valuable Player
    FFS I wish some threads would get closed instead of allowing this silly arguing to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on add nauseum!

They take up space on the first page of new posts - which is all I look at these days, unless looking for something specific. They serve bugger-all use except to egos and psychology enthusiasts.

Not just talking about this one, either. A certain other member has taken to deliberately posting misleadingly titled threads just as clickbait. Let's please have some moderation here. Think I'll be taking another break for a few weeks (at least) if this keeps up.

• PabbertPabbert Posts: 224
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    The Rift is ahead of the Vive on Steam. That is all!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,198 Valuable Player
    Brixmis said:
    FFS I wish some threads would get closed instead of allowing this silly arguing to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on add nauseum!

They take up space on the first page of new posts - which is all I look at these days, unless looking for something specific. They serve bugger-all use except to egos and psychology enthusiasts.

Not just talking about this one, either. A certain other member has taken to deliberately posting misleadingly titled threads just as clickbait. Let's please have some moderation here. Think I'll be taking another break for a few weeks (at least) if this keeps up.
    Ditto. It’s like listening to a married couple at times. 

However it is OUR choice to go into the thread. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,134 Valuable Player
    edited June 2018
    Atmos73 said:
    But where was the uproar when GO came out with a 3 hour battery life? No - when it’s Oculus 3 hours is manageable and just enough for the average movie. Riiiiiight.

I thought we were talking PCVR? You're so quick to switch when it suits you.

GO is MobileVR and due to its mobility... it does require a mobile power source. I hope you don't need to be explained the difference between a stationary power source and a mobile one, including the pro's and con's of each. GO can be used outside or while traveling (e.g. on an airplane); PCVR cannot.

GO's battery life can be extended to an additional 14 hours with the proper accessory.

Atmos73 said:
    It’s like Zenbane criticising the Vive Wands but then marvelling at GO which isn’t even tracked in VR and has no finger tracking yet this is what Oculus are putting out for the MASSES! Talk about poision the VR well.

I compared the Vive to the Rift, not GO. Apples and Oranges. You seemed to understand the difference earlier when you tried bringing up ConsoleVR numbers. Strange how you forget so quickly.

And it's false to say that GO isn't "tracked in VR." It's tracked quite well, and can even be extended to 6DoF (you've been told this about 4 times by now).

Atmos73 said:
    One of the reasons I post here so much is to point out the hypocracy and contradictions.

Yet you end up pointing out neither. Although the fact that you think your reason for posting here is valid is very telling of your overall mindset.

Atmos73 said:
    As for Vive Pro it seems to be holding its own on Amazon 6 places behind the Rift.

Which is embarrassing for the Vive Pro considering that Amazon isn't the go-to place for the Rift or GO. The preferred stores are Oculus.com and BestBuy.com
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2018
    This little beauty will give you 14 hours of continuous use for the GO, it's lightweight and fits in your pocket.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-20100-Capacity-Technology-Black/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528292835&sr=8-1&keywords=anker

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    I find that the GO is eating up about 30-40% of my VR time now. It's just so darn relaxing to sit on the couch and play casual games.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

edited June 2018
    Digikid1 said:

However it is OUR choice to go into the thread. 
    Indeed - but like I said, these kind of threads stay on the 1st page of the new posts - where I would rather see stuff that's worth reading rather than the usual diatribe.

Ideally, they should take it to pm.

Brixmis said:

You don't actually have to click in the thread to read it. And if you don't like what certain people are saying (including myself) then simply add them to your Ignore list. It's not like Atmos nor myself are actually conversing with you directly anyway.
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    Tbh, it is fun to follow the argument. It can be quite informative at times, and amusing at others. 

But it can get too painful to see certain someone twisting things so much just to make an argument that convinces no one. Not anyone with an average ability to reason, at least. In that case I will just close the tab, and come back only when I am bored.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,712 Valuable Player
    I just pull out the popcorn when it starts and post funny memes in between.
    WAAAGH!
    Tbh, it is fun to follow the argument. It can be quite informative at times, and amusing at others. 

But it can get too painful to see certain someone twisting things so much just to make a point that convinces no one. Not anyone with an average ability to reason, at least. In that case I will just close the tab, and come back only when I am bored.

Agreed. The over-arching problem needs to be stopped at the source. Case in point, when someone says, "One of the reasons I post here so much is to point out the hypocrisy and contradictions," then that's probably a good indication that everyone would be healthier to just move on to their respective communities.

For me, one of the main reasons I come to the forum is to talk about the latest and greatest Oculus news; organize VR events with both the Rift and GO; and read/write VR experience reviews.

I'd be happy to never have another debate over the competition. But alas, those who prefer the competition are allowed to not only advocate for their product, but condemn those of us who enjoy our own.
    Atmos73 said:
    Then I’ll do you a deal Zenbane, you go forwards without talking about HTC Corp, Vive, Windows MR, Pimax, Steam, SteamVR, Steam Hardware Survey, or any game that does not appear on Oculus Home and I will repay the favour and promise not to talk about Oculus, Oculus Rift, Touch, GO, Santa Cruz, Oculus Home or any of their games sold on the Oculus Store. Like for like. 

Who ever break first gets a 1 month ban! It’s a win win for everyone.

Didn't we try this last year? Seems familiar, but sure, I'll play along. Not sure how long I can hold out though! Besides, what's a 7th ban under my belt lol
    edited June 2018
    Atmos73 said:
    Ok do we start now?

One sec, I need to get the roasts all out first.

(NSFW)
    Valve doesn't know sheit from shinola and thinks they're both white meat.

HTC sucks so much arse that toilet paper has been officially declared unnecessary.

Mathematics is the cudgel that cuts through Pimax's dignity like warm butter.

K, I'm ready!

o:)

Dude half of the S talk starts because you are using this forum ad a rah rah look at HTC and other companies.

As of late this place feels more like a non Oculus forum where OC is bashed and fower post are made about other manufactures.

Or like in the post I went off on yesterday people who cannot grasp reality but keep posting that OC has to do something pretty much no other company supports.

WAAAGH!
    Atmos73 said:
    First quote my the terms from my post above and say you agree. And we’re off.

This feels so legally binding!

Atmos73 said:
    Then I’ll do you a deal Zenbane, you go forwards without talking about HTC Corp, Vive, Windows MR, Pimax, Steam, SteamVR, Steam Hardware Survey, or any game that does not appear on Oculus Home and I will repay the favour and promise not to talk about Oculus, Oculus Rift, Touch, GO, Santa Cruz, Oculus Home or any of their games sold on the Oculus Store. Like for like. 

Who ever break first gets a 1 month ban! It’s a win win for everyone.

I agree. I agree, hard.
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    That is an awful bet, here is a better one

@Atmos73 DOESNT post anything about HTC, PImax, SteamVR for 1 month
    @Zenbane ONLY posts about HTC, Pimax, SteamVR for 1 month

Neither can say anything negative about the brands.

Now that would be a show.I would watch  :D 
    This new bet is effectively forcing both parties into self-imposed ban, because neither will post anything. It will be a very boring show indeed...

We'll just be eating our popcorns and getting fat for no reason at all.
  • EvileyesEvileyes Posts: 354
    Trinity
    Atmos73 said:
    So it begins...

i7 X5960 @ 4200Mhz, 16GB ram, EVGA 2080 ti FTW
    Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
    https://ts.la/mark56706
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,150 Valuable Player
    urdgfqqehbbb.png
    ** Second New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
    Taking bets!

WAAAGH!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,507 Valuable Player
    Morgrum said:
    Dude half of the S talk starts because you are using this forum ad a rah rah look at HTC and other companies.

As of late this place feels more like a non Oculus forum where OC is bashed and fower post are made about other manufactures.

Or like in the post I went off on yesterday people who cannot grasp reality but keep posting that OC has to do something pretty much no other company supports.

Fully agree, cept I would say over half.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,480 Valuable Player
    Morgrum said:
    Taking bets!

I bet I can give up gambling!

Oh.

Bugger.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    edited June 2018
    Zenbane said:
    Brixmis said:

You don't actually have to click in the thread to read it. And if you don't like what certain people are saying (including myself) then simply add them to your Ignore list. It's not like Atmos nor myself are actually conversing with you directly anyway.
    I think people are either not reading the post I made or don't want to see what I'm saying. Never mind.

Don't you ever think of just letting the other guy say what he wants and just think to yourself "what a prat" instead of getting into this tit-for-tat crap every single time? Because when I see you two go at it - whilst I do acknowledge you both have way more knowledge on many VR things I haven't a clue (and don't really care...) about - I just think you look like a pair of prats. Because it's always the same - and weeding out the good posts from the tosh is a pain. Plus it doesn't help to put people on ignore, because it doesn't block ignored people from either being quoted or the post notifications.

Ever thought that maybe we would be interested in the thread subject, but we don't want page after page of Atmos vs Zenbane bollox yet again. And again? There's been more and more of it lately. Haven't you two had enough holidays?

But as I said - it keeps the front page full of the same old shite instead of possible interesting new threads.

I'm finished here - get back to knocking each other and trying to prove who knows best :p

edited June 2018
    Brixmis said:
    I just think you look like a pair of prats.

That's actually the second time you've insulted me. You recently called me "stupid" after I stated that I hoped the Rift CV2 was high-priced. I let the first personal insult slide because you tend to go on and on publicly about your personal RL problems. But if you wanna keep up with the personal attacks then you aren't going to like the responses I start dishing out in your direction.

I think your lack of self-control in choosing what you read makes you more of a "prat" than either Atmos or myself. Especially since you never actually contribute anything meaningful about Virtual Reality to the topics. At least Atmos and myself provide useful information during our rivalry.

But as I said - it keeps the front page full of the same old shite instead of possible interesting new threads.

You should consider starting new threads with something meaningful. Have you ever even attempted that?

Brixmis said:
     I just think you look like a pair of prats.

No personal attacks please, this is a polite warning.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,706 Volunteer Moderator

erm, wait, just so I got this straight

Atmos isn't going to talk about Oculus and Zen isn't going to talk about non-Oculus?

That still leaves Atmos free to advertise everything non-Oculus and how great non-Oculus things are yada yada, with the implication that that's always had. i.e. non-Oculus stuff is great.

What with this being an Oculus forum with sections available for non-Oculus subjects, I strongly suggest it should be a forum primarily about Oculus, with the freedom to post about everything VR as the mood takes. But with the proviso that any criticism of Oculus is based on the experience that the poster personally has using the device or service he's criticising, otherwise it's trolling.

I realise the bet here may help in the short term.... but the term will surely be short!

So whilst we see how it cooks, how about a precise rule... given that most Oculus users here post 5 Oculus related posts for every non-Oculus post (I'm guessing there), we impose that same ratio on Atmos. And he has the freedom to post criticisms provided they're based on personal experience of the equipment or service he's using.

In return Zen does the same but criticisms of non-Oculus equipment or service must be based on his personal experience of using that equipment or service.

Hell, we could impose the same rule for everyone on the forum! or not.... just my 10 cents.... as you were

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,198 Valuable Player

erm, wait, just so I got this straight

Atmos isn't going to talk about Oculus and Zen isn't going to talk about non-Oculus?

That still leaves Atmos free to advertise everything non-Oculus and how great non-Oculus things are yada yada, with the implication that that's always had. i.e. non-Oculus stuff is great.

What with this being an Oculus forum with sections available for non-Oculus subjects, I strongly suggest it should be a forum primarily about Oculus, with the freedom to post about everything VR as the mood takes. But with the proviso that any criticism of Oculus is based on the experience that the poster personally has using the device or service he's criticising, otherwise it's trolling.

I realise the bet here may help in the short term.... but the term will surely be short!

So whilst we see how it cooks, how about a precise rule... given that most Oculus users here post 5 Oculus related posts for every non-Oculus post (I'm guessing there), we impose that same ratio on Atmos. And he has the freedom to post criticisms provided they're based on personal experience of the equipment or service he's using.

In return Zen does the same but criticisms of non-Oculus equipment or service must be based on his personal experience of using that equipment or service.

Hell, we could impose the same rule for everyone on the forum! or not.... just my 10 cents.... as you were

Exactly!  
    Atmos73 said:
    you are in the Steam Survey thread and all you’re doing in complaining about off topic stuff you don’t agree with. That in itself is trolling. Please don’t accuse other of doing exactly the thing you are doing yourself. 

That is all 100% off topic, bruh.

Also, DnD gets infinite free passes on going off-topic due to time served as a Volunteer Mod.

Let's all just move on to better things... like trying to bait each other in to losing the bet.
    :p