Rift Now Ahead Of Vive In Steam Survey - Page 9 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift Now Ahead Of Vive In Steam Survey

Comments

• Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    Then I’ll do you a deal Zenbane, you go forwards without talking about HTC Corp, Vive, Windows MR, Pimax, Steam, SteamVR, Steam Hardware Survey, or any game that does not appear on Oculus Home and I will repay the favour and promise not to talk about Oculus, Oculus Rift, Touch, GO, Santa Cruz, Oculus Home or any of their games sold on the Oculus Store. Like for like. 

Who ever break first gets a 1 month ban! It’s a win win for everyone.

@cybereality @LZoltowski @kojack
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,960 Valuable Player
    Atmos73 said:
    Then I’ll do you a deal Zenbane, you go forwards without talking about HTC Corp, Vive, Windows MR, Pimax, Steam, SteamVR, Steam Hardware Survey, or any game that does not appear on Oculus Home and I will repay the favour and promise not to talk about Oculus, Oculus Rift, Touch, GO, Santa Cruz, Oculus Home or any of their games sold on the Oculus Store. Like for like. 

Didn't we try this last year? Seems familiar, but sure, I'll play along. Not sure how long I can hold out though! Besides, what's a 7th ban under my belt lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Ok do we start now?
    edited June 2018
    Atmos73 said:
    Ok do we start now?

One sec, I need to get the roasts all out first.

(NSFW)
    Valve doesn't know sheit from shinola and thinks they're both white meat.

HTC sucks so much arse that toilet paper has been officially declared unnecessary.

Mathematics is the cudgel that cuts through Pimax's dignity like warm butter.

K, I'm ready!

o:)

First quote my the terms from my post above and say you agree. And we’re off. Good luck and see you when you get back lol
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,548 Valuable Player
    Dude half of the S talk starts because you are using this forum ad a rah rah look at HTC and other companies.

As of late this place feels more like a non Oculus forum where OC is bashed and fower post are made about other manufactures.

Or like in the post I went off on yesterday people who cannot grasp reality but keep posting that OC has to do something pretty much no other company supports.

WAAAGH!
    Atmos73 said:
    First quote my the terms from my post above and say you agree. And we’re off.

This feels so legally binding!

Atmos73 said:

I agree. I agree, hard.
    So it begins...
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2018
    That is an awful bet, here is a better one

@Atmos73 DOESNT post anything about HTC, PImax, SteamVR for 1 month
    @Zenbane ONLY posts about HTC, Pimax, SteamVR for 1 month

Neither can say anything negative about the brands.

Now that would be a show.I would watch  :D 
    This new bet is effectively forcing both parties into self-imposed ban, because neither will post anything. It will be a very boring show indeed...

We'll just be eating our popcorns and getting fat for no reason at all.
  • EvileyesEvileyes Posts: 298
    Nexus 6
    Atmos73 said:
    So it begins...

• kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,451 Valuable Player
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,548 Valuable Player
    Taking bets!

WAAAGH!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,339 Valuable Player
    Morgrum said:
    Dude half of the S talk starts because you are using this forum ad a rah rah look at HTC and other companies.

As of late this place feels more like a non Oculus forum where OC is bashed and fower post are made about other manufactures.

Or like in the post I went off on yesterday people who cannot grasp reality but keep posting that OC has to do something pretty much no other company supports.

Fully agree, cept I would say over half.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,637 Valuable Player
    Morgrum said:
    Taking bets!

I bet I can give up gambling!

Oh.

Bugger.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited June 2018
    Zenbane said:
    Brixmis said:
    Ideally, they should take it to pm.

You don't actually have to click in the thread to read it. And if you don't like what certain people are saying (including myself) then simply add them to your Ignore list. It's not like Atmos nor myself are actually conversing with you directly anyway.
    I think people are either not reading the post I made or don't want to see what I'm saying. Never mind.

Don't you ever think of just letting the other guy say what he wants and just think to yourself "what a prat" instead of getting into this tit-for-tat crap every single time? Because when I see you two go at it - whilst I do acknowledge you both have way more knowledge on many VR things I haven't a clue (and don't really care...) about - I just think you look like a pair of prats. Because it's always the same - and weeding out the good posts from the tosh is a pain. Plus it doesn't help to put people on ignore, because it doesn't block ignored people from either being quoted or the post notifications.

Ever thought that maybe we would be interested in the thread subject, but we don't want page after page of Atmos vs Zenbane bollox yet again. And again? There's been more and more of it lately. Haven't you two had enough holidays?

But as I said - it keeps the front page full of the same old shite instead of possible interesting new threads.

I'm finished here - get back to knocking each other and trying to prove who knows best :p

edited June 2018
    Brixmis said:
    I just think you look like a pair of prats.

That's actually the second time you've insulted me. You recently called me "stupid" after I stated that I hoped the Rift CV2 was high-priced. I let the first personal insult slide because you tend to go on and on publicly about your personal RL problems. But if you wanna keep up with the personal attacks then you aren't going to like the responses I start dishing out in your direction.

I think your lack of self-control in choosing what you read makes you more of a "prat" than either Atmos or myself. Especially since you never actually contribute anything meaningful about Virtual Reality to the topics. At least Atmos and myself provide useful information during our rivalry.

But as I said - it keeps the front page full of the same old shite instead of possible interesting new threads.

You should consider starting new threads with something meaningful. Have you ever even attempted that?

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,754 Volunteer Moderator
    Brixmis said:
     I just think you look like a pair of prats.

No personal attacks please, this is a polite warning.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,755 Valuable Player

erm, wait, just so I got this straight

Atmos isn't going to talk about Oculus and Zen isn't going to talk about non-Oculus?

That still leaves Atmos free to advertise everything non-Oculus and how great non-Oculus things are yada yada, with the implication that that's always had. i.e. non-Oculus stuff is great.

What with this being an Oculus forum with sections available for non-Oculus subjects, I strongly suggest it should be a forum primarily about Oculus, with the freedom to post about everything VR as the mood takes. But with the proviso that any criticism of Oculus is based on the experience that the poster personally has using the device or service he's criticising, otherwise it's trolling.

I realise the bet here may help in the short term.... but the term will surely be short!

So whilst we see how it cooks, how about a precise rule... given that most Oculus users here post 5 Oculus related posts for every non-Oculus post (I'm guessing there), we impose that same ratio on Atmos. And he has the freedom to post criticisms provided they're based on personal experience of the equipment or service he's using.

In return Zen does the same but criticisms of non-Oculus equipment or service must be based on his personal experience of using that equipment or service.

Hell, we could impose the same rule for everyone on the forum! or not.... just my 10 cents.... as you were

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
    Daftndirect you are in the Steam Survey thread and all you’re doing in complaining about off topic stuff you don’t agree with. That in itself is trolling. Please don’t accuse other of doing exactly the thing you are doing yourself. 

Lets get this thread back back on track.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,869 Valuable Player

erm, wait, just so I got this straight

Atmos isn't going to talk about Oculus and Zen isn't going to talk about non-Oculus?

That still leaves Atmos free to advertise everything non-Oculus and how great non-Oculus things are yada yada, with the implication that that's always had. i.e. non-Oculus stuff is great.

What with this being an Oculus forum with sections available for non-Oculus subjects, I strongly suggest it should be a forum primarily about Oculus, with the freedom to post about everything VR as the mood takes. But with the proviso that any criticism of Oculus is based on the experience that the poster personally has using the device or service he's criticising, otherwise it's trolling.

I realise the bet here may help in the short term.... but the term will surely be short!

So whilst we see how it cooks, how about a precise rule... given that most Oculus users here post 5 Oculus related posts for every non-Oculus post (I'm guessing there), we impose that same ratio on Atmos. And he has the freedom to post criticisms provided they're based on personal experience of the equipment or service he's using.

In return Zen does the same but criticisms of non-Oculus equipment or service must be based on his personal experience of using that equipment or service.

Hell, we could impose the same rule for everyone on the forum! or not.... just my 10 cents.... as you were

Exactly!  
    Atmos73 said:
    you are in the Steam Survey thread and all you’re doing in complaining about off topic stuff you don’t agree with. That in itself is trolling. Please don’t accuse other of doing exactly the thing you are doing yourself. 

That is all 100% off topic, bruh.

Also, DnD gets infinite free passes on going off-topic due to time served as a Volunteer Mod.

Let's all just move on to better things... like trying to bait each other in to losing the bet.
    :p
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,755 Valuable Player
    edited June 2018

I'm responding directly to the previous 20 posts within this thread Atmos..... explain to me exactly how that's trolling?

If you disagree with what I've posted, explain exactly why. Which part of what I said wasn't reasonable? I hope the mods are taking note of this. It's important as it's been going on for 2 years and suspect it will for another 2 if it isn't cleared up.

So Atmos please be specific.

Edit: or, when it suits you, for example whenever someone confronts you with a difficult question regarding what you've posted, just ignore it ↓

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.175)
    Zenbane said:

Let's all just move on to better things... like trying to bait each other in to losing the bet.
    :p
    It seems HTC have sold 1.3% Vive Pro that’s equal to about 20,000 units. What do you think @Zenbane
  • PabbertPabbert Posts: 223
    Nexus 6
    Only 20,000 units. Thats pretty poor. How many of those were dev units?

Pretty big news for the Oculus Rift in the Steam Survey front...

Steam August VR hardware survey: Oculus Rift makes its biggest leap over HTC Vive

Vive came in with 42.58 percent of the total share (down from 44.35 percent last month), and Rift took home 47.11 percent (slightly up from 46.18 percent). Valve also deemed Rift the most popular VR headset in use on its platform by 0.35 percent. Could the launch of Oculus’ Marvel: Powers United VR bundle have given the headset a boost in any way?

While it would be mostly speculation to say that Marvel Powers is the reason, I have to admit that during the 2-weeks of playing that game non-stop after it launched, I did hear A LOT of other people joining the multiplayer games who were first-time Rift owners. I played with more VR newbies than with VR "vets."

Either way, it's nice to see the Rift taking a larger lead simply because it shows how popular VR is becoming! I also particularly like the way Windows is growing their headset. I have a soft spot for Windows, and I still have very high hopes for their business-enterprise approach to VR (e.g. MS SharePoint).
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,754 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:

Pretty big news for the Oculus Rift in the Steam Survey front...

Steam August VR hardware survey: Oculus Rift makes its biggest leap over HTC Vive

Vive came in with 42.58 percent of the total share (down from 44.35 percent last month), and Rift took home 47.11 percent (slightly up from 46.18 percent). Valve also deemed Rift the most popular VR headset in use on its platform by 0.35 percent. Could the launch of Oculus’ Marvel: Powers United VR bundle have given the headset a boost in any way?

While it would be mostly speculation to say that Marvel Powers is the reason, I have to admit that during the 2-weeks of playing that game non-stop after it launched, I did hear A LOT of other people joining the multiplayer games who were first-time Rift owners. I played with more VR newbies than with VR "vets."

Either way, it's nice to see the Rift taking a larger lead simply because it shows how popular VR is becoming! I also particularly like the way Windows is growing their headset. I have a soft spot for Windows, and I still have very high hopes for their business-enterprise approach to VR (e.g. MS SharePoint).
    Yeah looks like both WMR and Oculus are slowly consuming Vive market share, There have been a lot of sales and promotions from Oculus, I am sure this helped, combined with cheaper GPU's
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)