cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Connect 5 will tell us the future of VR

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

Oculus says it'll preview the next five years of Virtual Reality at Oculus Connect 5, on Sept. 26-27 in San Jose, California.

The Facebook-owned brand hosts its Oculus Connect conference every year, where it shows off its new developments in the world of VR. Curious what Facebook has in mind for the next stage of VR? Oculus Connect is probably the best place to find out.

Oculus says that it'll use Connect 5 to celebrate how much VR has accomplished in the past five years. It also claims it will "offer a sneak peek at what to expect in the next five years to come." We're eager to find out what that means.

Last year, Oculus unveiled the Oculus Go at Connect 4. The Oculus Go doesn't require you to be tethered to a phone/PC/gaming console and only costs $200, which makes it one of the best VR setups for the masses.

At Oculus Connect 3, the company announced VR chats for up to eight people and a release date for the Oculus Touch controllers to help navigate VR.

We'll find out what comes next in September.

https://www.cnet.com/news/oculus-connect-5-will-tell-us-the-future-of-vr-on-september-26-27/
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
23 REPLIES 23

LZoltowski
Champion
Exciting times! Thanks for posting that.

Let the speculations begin! 🙂 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

My pleasure - this will be very interesting as it may be the first OC I attend personally, as there will be some announcements taking place relevant to our business. Interesting times indeed!  B)
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

LZoltowski
Champion

kevinw729 said:

My pleasure - this will be very interesting as it may be the first OC I attend personally, as there will be some announcements taking place relevant to our business. Interesting times indeed!  B)

Excellent, if you do, make sure to post some of the behind the scenes stuff from the event 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forget about what @LZoltowski just said. He's a crazy fool.

What you MUST do is kidnap Brendan Iribe and brutally torture him until he reveals what's coming as far as the CV2 is concerned and when it's planned to be released.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

snowdog said:

Forget about what @LZoltowski just said. He's a crazy fool.

What you MUST do is kidnap Brendan Iribe and brutally torture him until he reveals what's coming as far as the CV2 is concerned and when it's planned to be released.

Wait VRgirl is that you?????????
WAAAGH!

bigmike20vt
Visionary

kevinw729 said:

Positive hat on. CV 2 details announced for 2019 release with prototype of CV2 teased
Negative hat on. Half Dome shown again as the what to expect in 5 years and just mobile vr any time soon

I predict somewhere in middle but I hope CV2 is (even end of) next year (esp as I will have a new gtx 1180 to test out )

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer
I predict:

• Santa Cruz info including official name and possible release date (spring 2019)
  • More Santa Cruz titles and playable demos
  • Another video tease of Rift CV2
  • New trailers and playable demos for upcoming rift/go titles (including respawn game)
  • More oculus home/dash improvements
  • New abrash talk on "next" 5 years
  • Surprise news (price drop, new hardware or unannounced AAA game)

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
I think this year they will talk a lot about new technologies. And what will happen in the future. And next year this future will happen. I still predict CV2 end of 2019. And it will be good.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Digikid1
Consultant
I just want them to ditch that crappy horrible controller design for SC. If they do that then that’s fantastic.