cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go ADB driver not installing "The INF file you selected does not support this method of insta

fungusman
Protege
I get the error "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation". I found one topic on the forum but the solution didnt make sense in this context. I asked me to install a sensor driver that has nothing to do with the Oculus Go.
13 REPLIES 13

EvilFischi
Explorer
I have the same problem here 😕

fungusman
Protege

I have the same problem here 😕

Any progress on this? I haven't had a lot of time to look into it further.

alanlee0406
Honored Guest
I got the same problem, anyone can help?

gotgalf
Expert Protege
Let me guess. You tried this in Windows 7?
Won't work. It works in Windows 10. That's the sole reason, why I set up a Windows 10 VM on my Linux computer.
For Windows 8, I can't tell.

alanlee0406
Honored Guest
I see what you mean .. thx for telling me that ^^ .. so I will need a win 10 for VR development, is that correct?

gotgalf
Expert Protege
Not for VR development in general, but for the Oculus Go, being a brand new device, there are only Windows ADB drivers for Windows 10.

DanR
Honored Guest
To get this working on Windows 7, go to device manager. You should see "VR headset" with an exclamation symbol next to it, signifying no driver. Right click, select "Update Driver Software", choose "Browse" and select the folder containing the extracted drivers. You'll see "Oculus ADB Interface" once complete.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I Tried DanR advice , on windows 7  (64 Bit), still did not work for me, But this did, Device Manager, Update driver Software, "Let me Pick from List", Choose "non-Plug and Play Drivers" then have disk and navigate to  go to "android_winusb.inf" then it installed for me and my  Oculus GO was visible. (BTW i had to turn off Development mode on my phone for the go , for some reason)

fungusman
Protege
Thanks for the solution. I did try this on windows 7 you are correct. I will try this when I get home.