cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.27 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.27 is beginning to rolling out now. We've updated the Oculus desktop app with search improvements and a new results page, and added some new features for Library management. There's also a new uncommon item in Home that supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community... See something you like or have a new feature idea? Share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and as always, please report bugs via the in-app reporting tool. 
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Updates to search, including experimentation of a new results page to browse, sort, and filter results.
    • Improved Library management, including experimentation of new options for sorting and filtering. We've also updated how we persist apps that you have hidden; if you previously hid any apps, your apps may be visible again with this update.
    • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Dash:
      • New overlay UI shows the distance and scale of Dash panels as you position them with the thumbstick.
      • Added various stability improvements.
    • Home:
      • There's an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
81 REPLIES 81

Netheri
Rising Star
Is the "admin trick" option back? Oculus Home 2 really srews up with SteamVR and the Oculus Home really isn't needed in any way, when using SteamVR apps or games. I read somewhere that the admin trick is still working with Home1, so if the "admin trick" isn't working on 1.27 i pretty sure there's "some" movement back to version 1.. And YES, my rig really is VR ready and more.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant
Alright....who is gonna be the ginny pig on this one?

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
Anybody who invested in Oculus is a guinea pig

Netheri
Rising Star

Anybody who invested in Oculus is a guinea pig

Well i've liked the Rift+Touch a lot, but the recent "let's f*cking make everyone to use Home 2 mandatory, even to start SteamVR"-update to prevent admin trick is a "bit" douche baggey move.. 😕
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion

Digikid1 said:

If you're interested in being a guinea pig, you can join the Public Test Channel in the Beta Settings menu. Otherwise the update will roll out automatically over the next several days. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

If you're interested in being a guinea pig, you can join the Public Test Channel in the Beta Settings menu. Otherwise the update will roll out automatically over the next several days. Thanks.

Nah.  I'll pass.  Thanks though. 😉

RattyUK
Trustee
@cybereality - some spam for you above ^^^
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Netheri
Rising Star
MAC_MAN86 said:
Don't Beta Test and perhaps try the hack to launch games directly rather inside Home. You click the box in Properties/Compatibility Run This Program As Admin for the file C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-home\OculusVR

Just tested and this works better! IN DEATH I can run SS=1.25 ingame and although it runs Desktop Home it does not run your VR Home so you can not accidentally switch either. This is seriously what I wanted for ARIZONA SUNSHINE for a long time as they same in Thailand 
Holy moly, that's genius! And we get to use the Home Dash alongside with Steams! You saved the day! This must be copypasted/linked forward, if you, MAC_MAN86, allow it? I can confirm that this trick worked with Core 2.0 (i'm not in public test).

Edit: You can also set the Home2 executable "Home2-Win64-Shipping" in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64 to Run this program as admin. Effect is same, desktop app opens, and dash works but home2 won't load, if you don't separately run it by double clicking or putting it to taskbar and clicking while Desktop app is running. Also, you can load the older Home same way, if you need it.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
The Oculus Go home environment is much better than Rift’s imho.  For VR the oculus browser is all I need.  If I need to use the desktop I would rather use my monitor.

I hope the oculus rift and go guys work closely enough in order to port the best of each system over, as much as possible.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers