cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stormland E3 2018 Announcement Trailer

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Looking all good in this Stormland (that's the Oculus Rift game from Insomniac Games) E3 2018 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ak2h3PkY1I

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
18 REPLIES 18

nrosko
Superstar

MowTin said:

Wow, this game was not even on my radar. It looks amazing. It's open world and promises dynamic world that "evolves." 

Stormland Is A New Co-Op FPS From Insomniac That Constantly Evolves

I'm just glad it's not another puzzle adventure game like Lone Echo and Red Matter. I get the feeling that Oculus is stearing devs away from violence. Why so many games where you're a robot fighting robots? They're not helping VR with this nonsense. 

I like robots but yeah the whole robot VR thing is a bit crazy & is turning into a pet peeve, although i do really like virtual virtual reality so i guess i can look past it if the game is good. I think puzzle games have there place in vr as they just work well & i thought Red Matter was very good but we need more open world games like this for sure.  

MowTin
Expert Trustee

nrosko said:

I like robots but yeah the whole robot VR thing is a bit crazy & is turning into a pet peeve, although i do really like virtual virtual reality so i guess i can look past it if the game is good. I think puzzle games have there place in vr as they just work well & i thought Red Matter was very good but we need more open world games like this for sure.  

Remember how the initial version of Robo Recall was Bullet Train where you shot soldiers? Then it turned into robots. One can only imagine how cool it would have been to rip soldier's arms off and beat them with it. 🙂  (joking) But I think it would have been cooler with a mix of flying robots and soldiers like in the demo. 

I notice that Steam now has a "we accept anything that's legal" policy. That's the way it should be. 

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this. An open world game built from the ground up for VR from Insomniac. I'm a little surprised they're willing to spend the money. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

bigmike20vt
Visionary
That looks incredible (technically at least) I doubt it will look that good on my rig however till I upgrade my gtx 980
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
OMG, this looks amazing! excited!!! 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

pyroth309
Visionary
This looks pretty amazing. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Another "must buy." Love it!

Luciferous
Consultant
Maybe a cv2 launch title

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
E3 Colosseum: Gameplay & Details of 'Stormland' (2019 AAA open world Rift game from Insomniac Games) from r/oculus

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Now I'm really excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13335&v=pwCuWyq0fHQ
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2