cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Prescription Lenses - Any Recommendations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking for some insight into the VR prescription lenses that I have seen available around the net. Has anyone tried them? Anyone in Canada - is there a local option for this?

My currently glasses fit the rift - but I find them slightly distracting due to the shape (they are rectangle and so they are noticeable in the headset).

I am unsure my prescription as it has been so long since I bought glasses last and gotten my eyes check  - I am terribly short sighted, and cannot see in real life or the rift without them. I am thinking about making them the first accessory purchase for my rift (even over a 3rd sensor).
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The WidmoVR ones are the best so far. You should really get your eyes checked once per year tbh. Get them checked so that you know your current prescription and get the WidmoVR ones.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
+1 WidmoVR great service and as the other posted said you should get your eye checked once a year and also them to check your pupil distance.

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I have the WidmoVr ones too and they're really great ! I also wear sometimes contact lenses and I have a second facial interface without prescription lenses for when I have my contact lenses on, and it's incredible but I prefer the facial thing with the WidmoVR lenses, much more comfortable and everything is much clearer, though my contacts are up-to-date.
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the recommendations - I usually go every couple of years, but it sometimes gets away from me. I can't stand contacts, lol - definitely going to get them checked so I have a new prescription when I take the plunge and get these. Will also ask for my pupil distance. Thanks guys!!! 🙂

Karl01
Honored Guest
I use the lens inserts from vroptician.com, it is a german manufactur and its the most recommended adapter on reddit. Its known as vr lens eu i think. I am so happy!

LZoltowski
Champion

Thanks for the recommendations - I usually go every couple of years, but it sometimes gets away from me. I can't stand contacts, lol - definitely going to get them checked so I have a new prescription when I take the plunge and get these. Will also ask for my pupil distance. Thanks guys!!! 🙂

Hey, I was a big contacts no-no guy, until I tried the Accuvue Moist Dailies with Lacreon, Got them 4 weeks ago, took me about a week to figure out how to put them on properly.

Those lenses are so soft that you cant tell you are wearing them after about 60 seconds after you put them on, and I have the most sensitive eyes in the world...

I often forget I am wearing them now, and they're not too expensive, 3 months supply of 5 days a week is £80

I used to use the rift with widmo vr lenses and adapter, but for me, they added a bit of extra chromatic aberration, the contacts have no distortion.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's awesome - but I still can't stand the thought of contacts (I have trouble with eye drops, lol).

How bad was the chromatic aberration on the lenses - I sometimes get it through my regular glasses if the Rift isn't sat exactly right on my head. But it isn't really a detriment - I just found out my IPD, but they gave it to me in two numbers

Left Eye - 29.5
Right Eye - 30

I see on Widmo that I can enter two separate distances - but I am not sure what to set my Rift to now, I had it set at 63 before and it seemed fine but I just don't really get how it relates and I haven't been able to find much on the net about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
To measure your IPD get yourself in front of a mirror with a ruler. Close your right eye and put the ruler so that it's at the center of your pupil. Then close your left eye and take note of the measurement at the center of your other pupil. That's your IPD. 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

That's awesome - but I still can't stand the thought of contacts (I have trouble with eye drops, lol).

How bad was the chromatic aberration on the lenses - I sometimes get it through my regular glasses if the Rift isn't sat exactly right on my head. But it isn't really a detriment - I just found out my IPD, but they gave it to me in two numbers

Left Eye - 29.5
Right Eye - 30

I see on Widmo that I can enter two separate distances - but I am not sure what to set my Rift to now, I had it set at 63 before and it seemed fine but I just don't really get how it relates and I haven't been able to find much on the net about it.

Yeah, I can hardly manage eye drops too, but I thought what the hell might as well give it a go. If you go to boots they will give you a weeks supply for free as a trial and walk you through on how to put them on, the first few tries were a disaster, then I got used to them.

The extra distortion on widmo is not so bad, I have the high index lenses, they're great. But for me with the contacts, the image looks EVEN better now.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂