Unable to Open Oculus Home (Desktop Icon) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to Open Oculus Home (Desktop Icon)

ChillyknowbodyChillyknowbody Posts: 8
NerveGear
Hi,

I have been trying to get 1.3 installed to use with my DK2 to do some unreal work however I am unable to get oculus home to open which has stopped me from fully installing 1.3

Everything to do with the installation is fine until I am prompted to move onto logging into my oculus account and nothing happens, I never see the oculus home login screen.

I am unable to load up the desktop icon either, no matter how many times I try to install it.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited April 2016
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ChillyknowbodyChillyknowbody Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Thanks for getting back to me cyber, been really frustrating.

Here is my OculusSetup.log file
  • Blue_AngelBlue_Angel Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Any updates on this one? :)
    NerveGear
    Not yet, I assume you are in the same boat as me.

It does leave me a little worried as my CV1 ships next month and I was hoping to have the drivers running with with my DK2 first.

Kinda eating up dev time on my VR project.
    @Chillyknowbody The installer thinks you have another (maybe older) Runtime already installed. You should make sure you delete all Oculus software before attempting to install again.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Ok will look into it now, thanks
    NerveGear
    Me again, I have uninstalled and deleted all entries of oculus both in folders and registry however it hasn't made any diffference, do you have any references for fully deleting all parts of the old runtimes, last one I had installed was 0.8

Thanks

• GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    Revo uninstaller - check it out! (Much better & deeper uninstalling then windows built in.)
    NerveGear
    Revo uninstaller - check it out! (Much better & deeper uninstalling then windows built in.)
    Revo came up with nothing unfortunately. Thanks though
    NerveGear
    I have still not found a way to totally get rid of the old runtime, everything is uninstalled and I have been unable to locate what is causing this issue.

I really don't want to do a full system restore/reset.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
    NerveGear
    I have solved this issue by resetting windows back to default which removed the old runtime, very disappointed that I had to go to such lengths to make this work.
  • ZynamicZynamic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I'm missing the Desktop icon entirely on Windows Server 2016. It's been stat way for all Beta versions.
    edited April 2018
    As far as I know, we are not supporting Windows Server, so that may be the issue.
  • ZynamicZynamic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Anyone fancy looking into the missing pieces for Windows Server? It's pretty similar to Windows 10 so I'd hope there was a slight change to enable Desktop.