cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup "Restart Computer"

rinkumpllc
Protege
Its really pain in the ass from past 2 week I'm trying to install the oculus setup but each time it reach the installing stage it is asking me to restart the computer which I've done hundreds of time.
I've even tried some solution from community and redit forum still no luck.
At last I've install new window and then tried and it failed again.
I've attach the screenshot what I'm getting right now.
I've nowhere to go now. Any help on this will be appreciated.
Thanks and Regardscw1lo9czyqg2.png
20 REPLIES 20

rinkumpllc
Protege
In case you want to have look again this time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same error, went through with the suggestions listed here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/34084/sorry-we-encountered-an-error-during-installation

As well as the suggestions above, and still having the same problem as rinkumpllc 

*Edit*
My log errors with: [Error] [6/9/2018 12:27:13 AM] Deleting corrupt C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache\0082877b2bd676e47f186e6d141e827919faa28c2e91f925a0f2f92435eb222a.
[Error] [6/9/2018 12:27:13 AM] Uncaught exception!
System.Exception: Chunks missing after assembly of pacakge oculus-worlds!
   at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallApplication(Nullable`1 transaction, Application app, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String installDirectory, String manifestDirectory, String downloadCache)
   at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallImpl()
   at Dawn.Mixins.SafeCallMixin(Func`1 func, String title, String caller)
[Debug] [6/9/2018 12:27:13 AM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep' failed.

Then proceeds to roll back installation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry meant to post this as my log errors with:

[Error] [6/9/2018 12:27:13 AM] Deleting corrupt C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache\0082877b2bd676e47f186e6d141e827919faa28c2e91f925a0f2f92435eb222a.
[Error] [6/9/2018 12:27:13 AM] Uncaught exception!
System.Exception: Chunks missing after assembly of pacakge oculus-worlds!
   at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallApplication(Nullable`1 transaction, Application app, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String installDirectory, String manifestDirectory, String downloadCache)
   at Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep.InstallImpl()
   at Dawn.Mixins.SafeCallMixin(Func`1 func, String title, String caller)
[Debug] [6/9/2018 12:27:13 AM] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallChunkedPackagesStep' failed.

arsos
Honored Guest
Same problem: i tried all options:
Any GPU tweakers (Like MSI Afterburner etc)
Disable any antivirus/anti-malware, including Windows Defender (and Windows Defender Folder Protection)
Close down anything you have in your windows system tray
Disable any utilities like Samsung SSD Magic, Corsair Link, Asus AI suite etc
Unplug anything unnecessary from USB ports (Keep Rift, sensors, mouse, keyboard)

but i got the same message. In the logs i found:
Installing 'Vulkan Runtime 1.0.65.1' redistributable.
[Error] [09.06.2018 07:53:52] Process C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache\vulkan-runtime-1-0-65-1.exe exited with code 10 (failure).
[Error]
[09.06.2018 07:53:52] Error installing redistributable Vulkan Runtime
1.0.65.1: Daybreak.Redists.RedistInstaller+RedistInstallerException:
Redistributable Vulkan Runtime 1.0.65.1 returned an error --->
Daybreak.Util.Mixins+ExecuteProcessException: Process returned an error:
bei Daybreak.Util.Mixins.ExecuteProcessMixin(String path, String arguments, List`1 additionalExitCodes)
bei Daybreak.Redists.RedistInstaller.InstallRedist(String redistName, String exePath, String redistParams, String redistId)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
bei Daybreak.Redists.RedistInstaller.InstallRedist(String redistName, String exePath, String redistParams, String redistId)
bei Dawn.Setup.InstallRedistributablesStep.InstallImpl()
[Debug] [09.06.2018 07:53:52] Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallRedistributablesStep' failed.
[Warning] [09.06.2018 07:53:52] Rolling back installation.

rinkumpllc
Protege
Any Update on this?
still waiting for some solution

ceoroyalt
Protege
same problem here

YeblingTom
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem....I contacted the support and it seems like there is nothing to do 😞

rinkumpllc
Protege
My problem solved by changing the motherboard :smiley:
I was using old motherboard it seem which was not compatible with graphic card.

Thompalainen
Explorer
Have the same problem.
It have worked up until a few days ago when I just got the "runtime error" as soon as I tried to start the Oculus program.
So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but now all I get is this "encountered an error" during installation.
I have tried every possible solution that I can find from other users, but to no avail.
So as it stands right now I'm unable to use my Oculus Rift.
Will try to reinstall Windows as a last desperate resort if nothing else pops up. But it'll be a pain to reinstall every other program too.

Thompalainen
Explorer
Setup log file.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?